• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Portsmouth v Southend United

Thank F**k that's over. Every match is a Horror show. Defence are incapable of concentrating or tracking opponents in our own box. Absolute shower of s***e at the back. Also if opposing strikers are going down like a sack of s**t then keep your effin hands off of them and stop giving soft penalties away.

I think every ex Southend player with any passion for the club must wish they were still playing as any of them bar none in any position would stroll into this team.

Bolton are 7 points behind us with 4 games in hand. We’re now -31 goal difference, trailing by 8 points with a game played more than the two teams above. If Sol gets us out of this he needs a flipping ten foot statue built. Bl**dy hell.

Put this whole joke of a season at Ron's door......the Sol appointment barring a miracle was weeks too late .....Having seen every relegation season in the clubs history ,this is a real horror show we're in Nov with 1 win and looking an absolute shambles.We are now turning up at every game expecting defeat and I can never ever remember feeling this way.

Hutchinson was OK; Cox does what Cox does, and for a while Hopper looked hopeful.
The rest? Pants. And I'm afraid Elvis comes into that category during the latter stages.
I'm running out of ways to be bitterly disappointed.

You can imagine what opposition players must say to each other about us at the final whistle.

Can't say I've ever been embarrassed to be a Southend supporter but it's getting hard not to be

Yes 2nd goal clearly off-side (the build up not the actual shot)

Been going over 50 years and am finding it hard to remember such a crap team. Would love to know what our lowest ever points total is, cause we ain't getting anywhere near it

This is the worst season I've ever known. These players have given up and I for one am not going to defend them. You can't simply blame the officials when we constantly ship 4 goals nearly every game.

I know what you are saying and I agree but that wasn’t what I was talking about.

A minute before, Milligan got booked for a challenge. Then the Pompey player puts one thru Bwomono then kicks the ball into head while on the floor. Not only does the ref not book the player, he laughs at what he did. Shocking

2nd goal was offside (he was off the bloody pitch ffs), penalty was so soft and was less of a pen than Hopper in the first half (that the ref looked at thought about giving but bottled it).

Yes we haven’t been great tonight, but we competed, and have been undone by two terrible and I mean really terrible decisions from the officials.

Without that we may have got something from the game. So bloody annoyed.

Hutchinson was class tonight.

Hopefully with Macca and Hamilton back on Sunday we might have a few more options.

Put this whole joke of a season at Ron's door......the Sol appointment barring a miracle was weeks too late .....Having seen every relegation season in the clubs history ,this is a real horror show we're in Nov with 1 win and looking an absolute shambles.We are now turning up at every game expecting defeat and I can never ever remember feeling this way.

Personally I’d put it at Chris Powell’s door. No one blamed Ron when CP got the job but he’s the one who set the decline in motion with bad signings & it would appear bad methods behind the scenes. We can only hope Sol can make some big changes in January, albeit on a tight budget.

Personally I’d put it at Chris Powell’s door. No one blamed Ron when CP got the job but he’s the one who set the decline in motion with bad signings & it would appear bad methods behind the scenes. We can only hope Sol can make some big changes in January, albeit on a tight budget.
Powell’s signings were nowhere near as bad as Bond’s. All have been very poor on the whole.

Back