• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Posh sack Wright

Trouble seems to follow Wright around after what went on at Chester....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCEssex @ Feb. 01 2006,08:16)]So does anyione know what actually happened?
He 'allegedly' told Shaun St Ledger (promising centre-half) that he had the 'attitude of a black man' - or words to that effect.

At least the 2nd time Wright has been sacked for making a racist remark (other time was Oxford).

The Chester sacking was (again apparantly) due to him shagging the chairmans wife...

If you don't turn up for a club hearing it tends to be the same as admitting guilt and left the club no option but to sack him. I'm sure he'll apply for other jobs though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Feb. 01 2006,08:38)]He 'allegedly' told Shaun St Ledger (promising centre-half) that he had the 'attitude of a black man' - or words to that effect.
In Mr Wright's long career, he must have played alongside many black players (off the top of my head, World Cup 1990, Des Walker and Paul Parker were alongside him in defence for instance), so why hasn't he been given a smack before?

I'm sure he would have said something to a black players face before that would have upset him...
rock.gif

From a reading a fair bit about this incident, it appears that Mr Wrights racism doesnt come from any fundamentally rascist views about inferiority etc, but just from sheer ignorance. Even in his statement about this incident he said "I have many friends from the Asian and coloured (sic) community".

Everything above alledgedly if neccessary

Wright is back in management, at Chester!

I guess you really never can say never in football!

Things seem to have gone full circle for him... having sacked him once, though, I'm quite surprised they've reappointed him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Feb. 21 2006,17:01)]I think he walked out on them last time.
He was sacked originally by Chester, for as pboreham said, copping off with his captain, Wayne Hatswell's wife. After he'd been found out once, he was told that unless the affair was ended he'd have to leave. He agreed and said that it was all over, only to be found out to be lying weeks later!

Quite how the idiot still gets management jobs I don't know.

Just been reading the Devachat forums and his re-appointment has certainly caused a mixed reaction. Quite few of them seem to be in complete denial of all his little misdimeanors.

Back