• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
Wanted: A true striker ,to compliment the work done by rest of SUFC players, apply manager Phil Brown.Must be able to score goals with his feet as well as his head.Remuneration is good compared to other league 2 sides.Also comes with the adulation of the supporters ,should you be good at your job.:hilarious:

Well it seems to me that before we get too far into the season and its too late,we have the same problem as last season, so may be a thought that PB give the young lads , Williams, Layne and Brown a run in the strikers roll, lets see what they capable off.We need a goalscorer,got the players to provide it seems , now need someone to put the finish to the product.Sorry but i dont believe Corr is the answer, seems if he dosent score with his head then he dont score, strikers need to be prolific with their feet more so than their head.Feel free to tear strips off me as i know many here label Corr in the legend status.

Well it seems to me that before we get too far into the season and its too late,we have the same problem as last season, so may be a thought that PB give the young lads , Williams, Layne and Brown a run in the strikers roll, lets see what they capable off.We need a goalscorer,got the players to provide it seems , now need someone to put the finish to the product.Sorry but i dont believe Corr is the answer, seems if he dosent score with his head then he dont score, strikers need to be prolific with their feet more so than their head.Feel free to tear strips off me as i know many here label Corr in the legend status.

Agree with all of that, although normally Corr offers much more than the goals. Two assists on Saturday but other than that he has been poor.

I understand your view but Barry was involved with both goals on Saturday!

Yes , i understand what your saying,and reading the threads yes he did have a hand in both goals last Saturday, but be honest , we have a team that is now providing the chances, 14 scoring shots on Tuesday night ,truly 1 in 10 shots should be a goal and if we providing 14 chances then id rather we had a striker with an end product ,than one assisting.Give PB a striker who can finish and we will get automatic promotion ,of that i have no doubt.With Corr i believe best we can hope for is a place in the playoffs ,same as last year.

Yes , i understand what your saying,and reading the threads yes he did have a hand in both goals last Saturday, but be honest , we have a team that is now providing the chances, 14 scoring shots on Tuesday night ,truly 1 in 10 shots should be a goal and if we providing 14 chances then id rather we had a striker with an end product ,than one assisting.Give PB a striker who can finish and we will get automatic promotion ,of that i have no doubt.With Corr i believe best we can hope for is a place in the playoffs ,same as last year.

Really felt for Corr last night as most of the decent crosses started fizzing in once he'd sat his **** down on the bench. Frustrating. I also think, almost like Tomlin, Coulthirst just needs a goal to get him started then he won't be looking back.

i think Miles Weston is the guy supposed to do the goal scoring, as is Barnard. we've been unlucky/stupid in agreeing to give Barnard a contract when he's turned out to be toilet, but on paper that's an amazing deal.
Shaq was getting rave reviews after Saturday but now he's useless and couldn't finish his dinner. Corr is never going to get 25 a season but if all 4 mentioned here get 10-15 that's better than one 20 goal a season. add in a few from Hurst, Leonard and maybe Clifford and that's what we need. I'd rather they all go and improve their finishing rather than getting one player who does it. having said that, i wouldn't turn down a 20 goal a season guy, just saying with what we have we're better sharing them around

Really felt for Corr last night as most of the decent crosses started fizzing in once he'd sat his **** down on the bench. Frustrating. I also think, almost like Tomlin, Coulthirst just needs a goal to get him started then he won't be looking back.

I have the same feeling. Looks a cut above this league, just needs that first goal. Personally I'd like to see him start further down the middle, which is by all accounts his best position.

i think Miles Weston is the guy supposed to do the goal scoring, as is Barnard. we've been unlucky/stupid in agreeing to give Barnard a contract when he's turned out to be toilet, but on paper that's an amazing deal.
Shaq was getting rave reviews after Saturday but now he's useless and couldn't finish his dinner. Corr is never going to get 25 a season but if all 4 mentioned here get 10-15 that's better than one 20 goal a season. add in a few from Hurst, Leonard and maybe Clifford and that's what we need. I'd rather they all go and improve their finishing rather than getting one player who does it. having said that, i wouldn't turn down a 20 goal a season guy, just saying with what we have we're better sharing them around

The Barnard deal IMO has been another disaster which this club constantly signing old/injured or just plain knackered forwards ,Lee made his 18th appearance last night yet still has not scored from open play!!!!!!!,2 conversions from 12 yards is not good.

It is what it is and at the moment it is a 50% success rate after 4 games. Two wins and two defeats. I was concerned, as stated on here, that our strikers lacked experience/goals but I think we should look at it after ten games and not four. There is every chance they may click. They still need to learn to play as a unit and hopefully that will come.

Early days!

Coulthirst looks quality and will start to bang them in soon enough - he has enough near misses in every game, once he finds the target, I think he'll score loads. More the problem is our tactics. Our goals come from clever passes through the middle, and last night we seemed to be more interested in crossing. We know that for all his defensive qualities, Barratt doesn't turn quickly - why didn't we concentrate on running at the heart of defence?

Coulthirst looks quality and will start to bang them in soon enough - he has enough near misses in every game, once he finds the target, I think he'll score loads. More the problem is our tactics. Our goals come from clever passes through the middle, and last night we seemed to be more interested in crossing. We know that for all his defensive qualities, Barratt doesn't turn quickly - why didn't we concentrate on running at the heart of defence?

I'd email the club #AskPhil

really annoyed me that as soon as we took corr off we started to cross the ball in more. and that Barnard came on to replace him, rather than join him as those two seem made for each other to me. and i would like to see Layne or Brown or Williams to get a good chance in the team

Some people have very short memories. Don't score in 1 game against one of our bogey teams yet we scored 2 in 20 minutes in the match prior to that before switching to cruise control.

Corr is playing with his back to goal with Weston getting more chances, who scored several in pre-season. Coulthirst is a young player who has very little first team experience, and I believe he will come good getting at least 10 goals this season.

really annoyed me that as soon as we took corr off we started to cross the ball in more. and that Barnard came on to replace him, rather than join him as those two seem made for each other to me. and i would like to see Layne or Brown or Williams to get a good chance in the team[/QUOTE

Totally agree with that. Brown said he may have unearthed a gem in Layne. Ellis Brown and Jason Williams also good youngsters. Would like to see them all get a shot sooner than later , even if a 20 minute stint, which is what Barnyard seem to get. I know which I would prefer to see.

So we had all those chances and you are talking about Corr, even though it was Shaq and Weston who missed most of them ?

Wanted: A true striker ,to compliment the work done by rest of SUFC players, apply manager Phil Brown.Must be able to score goals with his feet as well as his head.Remuneration is good compared to other league 2 sides.Also comes with the adulation of the supporters ,should you be good at your job.:hilarious:

You haven't seen a game....you simply don't have a clue.

Back