• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positives for next season

YES..get the NORTH BANK back,get the PAK and the boys back in there.
Start winning straight away,6,000 a home game,hundreds taken to the away games....
We COULD be,SHOULD be the biggest club there...pubs round the ground full of fans,happy Blues fans....the good old days are coming back...maybe even more friday night games.
Im expecting us to be back in the fourth division 2022-23,COYBB

Omg how low we have sunk it was knocking out Man U now its Col U thats wiped the smile of my face. ☹
It says it all that in the season Col U fans can look down on us (rare as rocking horse ****) that they’re finishing in the bottom 5 of league 2, hardly a great position to be crowing from. They were marginally less **** than us. Congratulations! What an embarrassment to Essex football.

I am just looking forward to be able to get back to watching football. The fact we will have some new grounds and renew some old acquaintances (Daggers' lovely away end for instance) is all a plus.

There are no positives from dropping out of the league. To try and find any is denial as to just how far Southend have fallen and just how difficult it will be to regain league status.

Steady now......you may be surprised. Don't spend too long in the Slough of Despond. T'ain't good for you mate.

Onward and downward (briefly, I hope)

Before we get too depressed lets find some positives for next season.

IF planning is approved RM will have to back the manager.

We have some youngsters who could do well in the NL and we should be able to start our plans early for getting out of that division.

Oh and most importantly we can go back to watching football in person
Forget about the stadium ! Planning or no planning permission getting promoted the first time of asking is the number one priority and so ron has to back phil!

I would add Hart to your list - he is one who has given his all in recent games.

In the National League we will need strong players - any Scott Quigley's hanging around? - so maybe we need to retain John White and Greg Halford. I assume that Clifford and probably Acquah too will be picked up by L2 clubs.
Are u serious? Acquah isnt good enough to play professional football period!! Halford will be gone and good riddance!! Hart doesn't deserve a contract as hes been well below par for most games this season and suddenly realised we were going down and decided to start playing when it was too late!!

Are u serious? Acquah isnt good enough to play professional football period!! Halford will be gone and good riddance!! Hart doesn't deserve a contract as hes been well below par for most games this season and suddenly realised we were going down and decided to start playing when it was too late!!

Hart & Clifford can easily play together in wide area in a 4-4-2 formation.

Back