• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positives from today.

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
1 - The Blue Voice flags looked good and good noise...in the 1st half.
2 - Very nice looking young lady working in the ticket office, just my luck she was only doing cash sales when I only had my card :finger:

I think that's all I can think of for now.

2 - Very nice looking young lady working in the ticket office, just my luck she was only doing cash sales when I only had my card :finger:

Bless you Kenny for having the audacity to even try and claw a positive from today!! :D

I will certainly concur with your second observation however...if it was the mousey blonde you were referring to...she is particularly cute!

The blue balloons were great. I stole one and I have it now.
And we didn't resort to Harrold. :D

We should have done. In fact he should have started.

Agreed, Morgan shouldn't have started in my opinion. Harrold would have been more effective, we score more with him in the side than without I'm sure.

positive? hooper, macdonald and morgan creating a few chances near the end?

anyone agree with me or am I an idiot?

actually.. don't answer :o

We should have done. In fact he should have started.

Couldn't agree more, but will T&B ever play him again? I imagine that it will be Hartlepool away before they risk exposing him to more misguided vitriol.

Last edited:

Bird in ticket office Been there done it FACT!

3 - I thought McDonald did ok but the service he was getting was awful. Lumping the ball upto a 5ft9 striker being marked by two big lumps is a no brainer. McD did well to control and bring some of them down. The game was crying out for someone to thread a through ball on the deck for McDonald to get a sniff of. Unfortunately one quick look at the teamsheet today had "Southend 0" written all over it.
4- We didn't concede from a corner!

look...i have read most the posts from the last couple of games and lets face it, the majority on here pre season opted for a midtable finish. Now to do that we win as many as we loose and will probably have good spells and bad spells, both of which we have already encountered this season.

Lets see what happens this month with players, apparently according to the echo we are in for another championship striker, and see where we are.

This should really be a consolidation season in my opinion blood some younger players, perhaps get in some seasoned pro's now / summer and push on for next year and hopefully maintain a promotion and stay up. i can't think of one non money funded team that has shot through the divisions and stayed up in the championship, the problem is we did it too quick.

If we finished mid table the year we gained promotion no one would have argued, top half pushing for promotion no one would argue, but that all changed when we gained promotion early. i think we are now rebuilding again so lets get a reality check, see who comes and goes this season and take it from there.

having said that the Tillys substitutions do puzzle me a little

Agreed, Morgan shouldn't have started in my opinion. Harrold would have been more effective, we score more with him in the side than without I'm sure.

If Harrold had been playing we would have had a target for all of the long balls that we pumped downfield in Charlie MacDonald's direction.

Like him or hate him, Matt Harrold is the only player in our squad who is capable of playing as a targetman. If Tilly doesn't want to play him then fine but then he has to get his team to get the ball down and play football rather than have Clarke, Maher & Bailey launching long ball after long ball up to a midget striker.

Can't say I was overly impressed by Tilly's management today. All teams lose games but we looked utterly clueless this afternoon and it's the tactics rather than the personel which was at fault.

I thought I was fighting a one man crusade to get people to appreciate what Matt Harrold brings to the team...strange how things have a habit of changing so abruptly!

look...i have read most the posts from the last couple of games and lets face it, the majority on here pre season opted for a midtable finish. Now to do that we win as many as we loose and will probably have good spells and bad spells, both of which we have already encountered this season.

Lets see what happens this month with players, apparently according to the echo we are in for another championship striker, and see where we are.

This should really be a consolidation season in my opinion blood some younger players, perhaps get in some seasoned pro's now / summer and push on for next year and hopefully maintain a promotion and stay up. i can't think of one non money funded team that has shot through the divisions and stayed up in the championship, the problem is we did it too quick.

If we finished mid table the year we gained promotion no one would have argued, top half pushing for promotion no one would argue, but that all changed when we gained promotion early. i think we are now rebuilding again so lets get a reality check, see who comes and goes this season and take it from there.

having said that the Tillys substitutions do puzzle me a little

the substitutions puzzle me to, now why take Gower off when he has proved in the past that he is ok to pop up for a goal and sneak us a draw or a win!

If Harrold had been playing we would have had a target for all of the long balls that we pumped downfield in Charlie MacDonald's direction.

Like him or hate him, Matt Harrold is the only player in our squad who is capable of playing as a targetman. If Tilly doesn't want to play him then fine but then he has to get his team to get the ball down and play football rather than have Clarke, Maher & Bailey launching long ball after long ball up to a midget striker.

Can't say I was overly impressed by Tilly's management today. All teams lose games but we looked utterly clueless this afternoon and it's the tactics rather than the personel which was at fault.

Blimey! All the tripe that the Usual Suspects spout is like water off a duck's back to me, but Beefy unhappy with Tilly? Now that DOES worry me!

:(

Whatever anyone says, we should have started with Harrold. Also, forgive me for saying, but am I the only one who is not filled with confidence when the best Tilly can come up with in a crisis is to bring on a player whose head drops after one misplaced pass/shot in Hooper?

I thought I was fighting a one man crusade to get people to appreciate what Matt Harrold brings to the team...strange how things have a habit of changing so abruptly!

no i am with you as i was when Bradders was here...not brilliant but did a specific job for the team

I think there is a few folks on here that see what he brings to the team. For start, Leon impressed much more back when Harrold took the ball down, and then played it to him to run on with. Likewise, his lay offs to Bailey and Macca were getting us a goal a game a couple of months back. And against teams recently we've desperately needed someone to control things and take the pressure off of a panicked defense. Much as i like Charlie Mac, he doesn't offer us that.

Then there's Harrolds' workrate, something we need MASSIVELY right now.

He might not score us loads, but as a team we looked far stronger with his presence in the side

Back