• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity thread (no moaning allowed)

Striker
While today caps off a worrying and frustrating week, there are still plenty of reasons to be positive, and survival is in our hands...

Add reasons to the list below:

1. Apart from left back and up front, we have genuine first team competition for places throughout the team
2. Humphrys is set to return soon, which will be a big benefit
3. Duncan isn't afraid to make changes, and knows the squad really well
4. We have 6 more games to play this season (now the playoffs aren't mathematically possible), so 18 possible points to gain
5. We're not in the relegation zone
6. 3 of our last 6 games are against teams in the bottom third. Two of them are against teams below us (and not Bradford)

UTBs

Some statistics....
We have not scored for 357 minutes (last goal was in the 3rd min at Scunthorpe)
We have not scored at home since 16th February
We've not won since 19th January
We've not won at home since 1st January
We have secured FOUR points out of the last 12 games.
On 1 January we were 9th in the league, we are now 20th.
We have mustered just ten points in 2019.
We have lost 12 games at home this season. TWELVE!!!

Some statistics....
We have not scored for 357 minutes (last goal was in the 3rd min at Scunthorpe)
We have not scored at home since 16th February
We've not won since 19th January
We've not won at home since 1st January
We have secured FOUR points out of the last 12 games.
On 1 January we were 9th in the league, we are now 20th.
We have mustered just ten points in 2019.
We have lost 12 games at home this season. TWELVE!!!

read the title of the thread. jeez

We have seen the mystical Rob Kiernan on a football pitch with our own eyes
Dru showed a few glimpses of real talent again
Anthony Grant didn't score or win them a penalty.

read the title of the thread. jeez
Why? It’s a thread of burying heads in the sand surely?

Did you go today? We’re down mate and people need to start accepting that and moving on with their lives. You say we’ve got competition for places. Are you having a laugh? Who out there today played so superbly that they’ve made themselves undroppable?

While today caps off a worrying and frustrating week, there are still plenty of reasons to be positive, and survival is in our hands...

1. Apart from left back and up front, we have genuine first team competition for places throughout the team
4. We have 6 more games to play this season (now the playoffs aren't mathematically possible), so 18 possible points to gain
6. 3 of our last 6 games are against teams in the bottom third. Two of them are against teams below us (and not Bradford)

UTBs

1. No point having competition if all the options are as poor as each other.
6. But we keep losing to team's regardless of their position. We've lost to Plymouh, Bristol Rovers, Wimbledon and Shrewsbury, all in the bottom six!

I agree with your other four points and I'm still hoping for a miracle.

I'll add one positive. Our young players have shown promise. Unfortunately for most it's been too much too soon. However Bishop, Elvis, Hutch, Klass, Kelman and Acquah have all had their moments, I'm hopeful some will be regulars in a year or too. Plus Yearwood has to find his form again next season surely?!

why can’t the moaners stick to the dozens of other threads here and leave this to those who want to try and remain positive. There’s all to play for.

UTBs
I’m sorry buddy. I’m as optimistic as they come, but I’m struggling. I’ll give you 2-5 though as I can’t disprove them and I applaud you for finding them.

I guess one positive is that the abject display helps us with the pruning we’re going to need to do, but that flies in the face on number 1 - we’re in this mess because we don’t have effective competition for places.

I am positive that when I come on here at the moment everyone is moaning their heads off about something they cannot change.

I am positive it currently includes most of the threads.

:Unsure::Takethat:

Positivity from today: it was nice to not have to wear a big bulky coat

Back