• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity thread (no moaning allowed)

Wycombe and Walsall are both in just as bad form as us and we have to play them. Still in our hands to beat the drop.

I think our next game against Shrewsbury is crucial -no edit that - the next game against Fleetwood is crucial - gets a bit repetitive in the end - still then again game against Walsall could be crucial :Smile:

Nobody got injured today and it was great to see so many of the players from years gone by back at Roots Hall.

Personally i saw the prospect of greatness in each player on the pitch today.

Mr R Duncan will have them in for training next week and re-teach them how to play football on the floor.
and then,
We will win every one of our remaining games and stay up.
And then all have a nice trip to Portman Road next season.

Yes, thats it, that will do.

We've only got six cup finals left.
We still have an opportunity to bin Dieng.
It will take a week or so for Duncan to find his feet.
Our biggest remaining six-pointers are away from the hell-hole that is Roots Hall.
Worst case scenario, there are always trips to Forest Green, Salford City or Harrogate to look forward to.

Wasn't it great to see all those old legends on the pitch before the game. Some of my heroes as a youth, travelling the length and breadth of the country.

Beautiful day, as well.

Alan Moody made it on to the pitch.
Kightly had his best game for ages.
Sam Hart continues to impress - would be quite happy if we took him on with both our other two LBs looking likely to leave.
The youngsters continue to get game time and are learning more and more as a result.
Our manager wasn't afraid to be brave with his subs.

Steve Evans might get the job!
What is it with you and Steve Evans? He called Southend a tin pot club, and is a cheat who takes bungs. I don't want him anywhere near the club I love.

The positive here is that I love Southend United

We've only got six cup finals left.
We still have an opportunity to bin Dieng.
It will take a week or so for Duncan to find his feet.
Our biggest remaining six-pointers are away from the hell-hole that is Roots Hall.
Worst case scenario, there are always trips to Forest Green, Salford City or Harrogate to look forward to.

This.

I used to think Dieng had compromising photos of SCP but he’s got the chop and still he’s seen as the messiah by whoever picks the team.

To be fair to Tim Dieng he was no worse than anyone else today but sadly that’s not a compliment

Was told by a very reliable source that the new manager won't be either Evans or Lee Clark so does that count as two bits of positivity??

i think people might begin to realise why Powell played one up front and flooded the midfield -

What is it with you and Steve Evans? He called Southend a tin pot club, and is a cheat who takes bungs. I don't want him anywhere near the club I love.

The positive here is that I love Southend United

Just think he’ll be the best man available for the job. Paul Hurst at the game and if he takes over I’ll be happy with that. Think Evans would be better for us for the 6 games remaining personally. Hopefully Hurst is the man though.

we had an attempt on target (apologies if this was mentioned previously, even if it was its worth mentioning again!)

It was a lovely day. I went for a run the morning (for the first time in ages). I learnt that Huawei are definitely not worth it. I had some beers with my mate. The game ended. I am soon going down the pub.

Back