• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity thread (no moaning allowed)

Was told by a very reliable source that the new manager won't be either Evans or Lee Clark so does that count as two bits of positivity??

Only reliable source is Ron Martin so unless you have his ear I’ll continue to read with a large pinch of salt.
Not having a pop but once I start hearing “my sources” etc, I tend to glaze over somewhat.
My main source of insider information is Scottish Les down the Bell and he’s as mad as a bag of spanner’s.

It's not over until the fat lady sings although cant see where the next point is coming from.We just need a bit of luck in front of goal

Fat lady still clearing her throat imho. This will go to the very wire, even the last seconds. COYBB

3 positives from yesterday....Firstly, I thought Kelman looked good yesterday when he came on. Secondly, we had more corners than Shrewsbury! And the third thing.........no it's gone. ??

3 positives from yesterday

1) no coat needed!
2) we have a lot of young players who will be better in the future for the experience of playing first team football through necessity
3) it's still in our own hands to get out of the brown stuff!

1. We now know it wasn't the manager
2. We now know that playing two up front isn't a cure all
3. We now know that it wasn't Oxley's fault
4. We now know that it wasn't Mantom's fault
5. We now know that not playing 4-4-2 wasn't the problem
6. Everyone's resigned to our fate so there's now no pressure.
7. League Two is a great place to rebuild from. Only two down and four up. We can blood the youngsters in a winning environment rather than a relegation battle.

Like Chesterfield thought......

Chesterfield's demise seems entirely self-inflicted. They've burnt through 11 managers in 4 years!

John Sheridan09 Jan, 2019 -Present
Martin Allen15 May, 2018 - 09 Jan, 2019
Ian Evatt 23 Apr, 2018 - 15 May, 2018
Jack Lester29 Sep, 2017 - 22 Apr, 2018
Guy Branston17 Sep, 2017 - 29 Sep, 2017
Gary Caldwell17 Jan, 2017 - 17 Sep, 2017
Ritchie Humphreys08 Jan, 2017- 17 Jan, 2017
Danny Wilson24 Dec, 2015 08 Jan, 2017
Mark Smith04 Dec, 2015 - 24 Dec, 2015
Dean Saunders13 May, 2015 - 04 Dec, 2015
Paul Cook26 Oct, 2012 - 13 May, 2015

Don't know whether this has already been reported but it certainly could be very good news. This is from CP in the Echo................

"Young Emile Acquah was handed his first start in attack at the weekend and battled manfully against more experienced physical defenders.

But now is not the time for untried and untested youngsters.

With that in mind, the news Stephen Humphrys will return to training this week will give Blues a big boost."

Going by the theory you have to hit rock bottom before you can recover, we should improve next week cos that second half on Saturday was about as bad as it gets..

No one appears to be following fellow relegation strugglers Accrington tonight (may be everyone is concentrating on Spurs first match at their new stadium:Winking:) Anyway Stanley are already 0-2 down at home to Sunderland. Mind you, we still have to win one of our matches in order to overtake them.............even if they lose all of their remaining fixtures! :Smile:

Back