• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity thread (no moaning allowed)

We are at home, we will have a big crowd, we will put on a superb performance and win 3-0. It will be a day that will go down in Southend United history, we will all have a great afternoon/evening, and we will stay up. What is there not to be positive about?

If you look at the Sunderland fans forum, some are trying to sell their tickets for the Roots Hall game as they think they have blown their chances of automatic promotion. There seems to be a lot of pessimism about from their fans. Interestingly some are saying that the team is too lightweight and lacks some bigger players, sounds familiar? I thought Burton lacked a bit of height and physical presence and that suited us. Our problem is without Humphreys or Hopper we just play balls up to our two up front midgets and the opposing big defenders have an easy afternoon, has happened in so many games this season. It is just possible that the Sunderland lineup may just suit us.There is still hope!

I am positive in regards to everything about this team.
I am positive there is a game plan each week.
i am positive this team is not as bad as they are showing
I am positive if I didn't have a season card I may have missed a few games
I am positive I will renew it regardless of what division we are in
I am positive Ron wants us to do well (and build the stadium)
I am positive that I remember the good times.
I am positive the good times will come again.
I am positive the fans deserve better.
I am positive injuries have hit us hard
I am positive I have seen all this before
For Fecks Sake lets see a positive team selection !!!!!

Shout out to everyone involved for staying positive. Fans, players and club staff. It all came down to today and it all helped. What a performance. UTBs

REVIVED ! 2020/21 Season, 11 games to go, i'm feeling more positive than that day in May 2019 when we needed to beat Sunderland.
Well we did.
And we can do it again...
I have to say I was confident we’d win that day from the minute I got up and even when they equalised. Now, hmmm .. I’ll save it for another thread. 3 points Sat, whoop whoop ?

REVIVED ! 2020/21 Season, 11 games to go, i'm feeling more positive than that day in May 2019 when we needed to beat Sunderland.
Well we did.

Sadly beating Sunderland won't help us much this time....?

Well we did.
Although admiring your positivity, your choice of analogy leaves a bit to be desired.
I am not alone in thinking that by staying up by the skin of our teeth in 2019, we are now paying for it in spades.
In fact there is an argument for suggesting that if we had been relegated after the Sunderland game, events may have taken a very different path and we would not now be facing National League football. But that is another story......

Although admiring your positivity, your choice of analogy leaves a bit to be desired.
I am not alone in thinking that by staying up by the skin of our teeth in 2019, we are now paying for it in spades.
In fact there is an argument for suggesting that if we had been relegated after the Sunderland game, events may have taken a very different path and we would not now be facing National League football. But that is another story......

.... of course an alternative corollary of relegation could have been that we would not now be facing National League football because we're already playing it.

Yes, have always thought that different path may not have led us to where we are now on the pitch. We will never know.

.... of course an alternative corollary of relegation could have been that we would not now be facing National League football because we're already playing it.

And possibly top of it - who knows ?

On a positive note, have a friend who is a Sutton sth and whose late Dad captained them many years ago - will be good to meet up with him to see our teams play each other in League 2.

Back