• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

POSITIVITY

danburyshrimper

Manager
OK , lets compare our Kevin Bond to Sheff Utds Chris Wilder.

When Wilder took over at the Blades he lost his first 4 or 5 matches and everyone , in his own words , was on a downer , didnt like the style he played and nobody around the club was happy. Then after the 5th match he stopped the bus on the way home from another defeat , outside an off licence. He told the players to go in and get a few beers in . They got a little boozed together, relaxed , had a good laugh + chatted about everything. They went out together for the following days and first and foremost , had a smile on their faces. Went go karting etc + suddenly team spirit was installed into the squad.

They suddenly " got " what Wilder was trying to do and went onto to not only win league one , but win it with style and 100 points. Now lording it up in the Premier league !!!

So all is not lost . Wilder and Bond are similarly dour , almost introvert characters, Old school defenders. Wilder was manager of Halifax when they went into liquidation and Bond almost did the same with Bournemouth. So lets give Bond time , keep the faith + he will come good.

I see we are now sponsored by Rayleigh go karting , so lets get the team spirit started + have some fun !

Lets just hope the bus driver finds that offy on the way home from Wycombe !!!

UTB

When Wilder took over at the Blades he lost his first 4 or 5 matches and everyone , in his own words , was on a downer , didnt like the style he played and nobody around the club was happy. Then after the 5th match he stopped the bus on the way home from another defeat , outside an off licence. He told the players to go in and get a few beers in . They got a little boozed together, relaxed , had a good laugh + chatted about everything. They went out together for the following days and first and foremost , had a smile on their faces. Went go karting etc + suddenly team spirit was installed into the squad.

They suddenly " got " what Wilder was trying to do and went onto to not only win league one , but win it with style and 100 points. Now lording it up in the Premier league !!!

So all is not lost . Wilder and Bond are similarly dour , almost introvert characters, Old school defenders. Wilder was manager of Halifax when they went into liquidation and Bond almost did the same with Bournemouth. So lets give Bond time , keep the faith + he will come good.

I see we are now sponsored by Rayleigh go karting , so lets get the team spirit started + have some fun !

UTB

I think the team (and a lot of SUFC supporters) are going to need cheering up after (a probable) 5 consecutive L1 defeats. :Cry:

Wilder had a great track record as a manager previously in England before taking the Sheff Utd job. Bond hasn’t managed in England since a brief spell at Bournemouth. You just cannot compare the two!

Wilder had a great track record as a manager previously in England before taking the Sheff Utd job. Bond hasn’t managed in England since a brief spell at Bournemouth. You just cannot compare the two!

I think the main comparison is the immediate period after permanent appointment, which is directly comparable. The thing is, Wilder got creative to lift the gloom. That is good man management and something Sir Chris Powell unfortunately doesn’t seem to have either tried or succeeded at if he did try. Bond needs to do something similar to get a happy camp bonded (or Bonded - I’m here all week) again.

UTB

So you are saying that a couple of crates of Kestrel Super or Force Ten is all it will take for us to win the league?

When Wilder took over at the Blades he lost his first 4 or 5 matches and everyone , in his own words , was on a downer ,

UTB

......... apart from the third which he drew.

Maybe not compare in terms of prior experience, but what the example reminds us is that a poor start does not necessarily equate to a poor season and also not to judge a manger (who is introducing a new style of play) too early. Let's see what happens once we get the first league win

I have to admit I havent seen us live yet this season but from what most are saying on here there are at least spells in games where we're starting to play really well. It sounds like other than an awful first 30 minutes against Posh we were the better side (obviously goals win games and conceding them loses games so the realities aren't lost on me). Usually when we've had awful runs the performances are also dire, like the latter half of last season. It does sound like there is cause for hope under Bond, but the question is how many games can we lose, even if playing nice football, before the chop has to come? Personally as long as we're playing well (most of the time) I'd give him 10 games in total, so another 6. If we havent started picking up points by then I think he'll have to go or we'll be cut adrift.

I have to admit I havent seen us live yet this season but from what most are saying on here there are at least spells in games where we're starting to play really well. It sounds like other than an awful first 30 minutes against Posh we were the better side (obviously goals win games and conceding them loses games so the realities aren't lost on me). Usually when we've had awful runs the performances are also dire, like the latter half of last season. It does sound like there is cause for hope under Bond, but the question is how many games can we lose, even if playing nice football, before the chop has to come? Personally as long as we're playing well (most of the time) I'd give him 10 games in total, so another 6. If we havent started picking up points by then I think he'll have to go or we'll be cut adrift.

what are you on 6 more games you have to be on serious jamacian weed :ROFL: no way he has to go if he loses saturday no way should he get another 6 more games:Thumbs down: he can't manage his useless #BONDOUT

Positivity has got to come from the manager. Everyone else wants to forget it but misery guts keeps harping on about last season.

Last edited:
10 games without a win we will be cut off from the rest sorry, Bond needs results now . Can you imagine how the down and fed up the players will be if we lose the first 10 games ,plus how fed up the supporters will have become and RM wont be happy with crowds of less than 3000 turning up for home games, we need results Mr Bond very quickly.
Still believe this is Wet Spams way off gettting our supporters to watch them just glad they losing too lol

Thought about popping into the bookies after reading this inspirational thread and seeing what odds on automatic promotion....Anyone got the odds?..........just joking

Back