• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

POSITIVITY

I have found another bit of flotsom to cling onto.....Interesting article in the Football League Paper today, funnily enough about making the case for Nathan Jones to be given more time at Stoke City, having only won 8 of his first 20 games there.

However, as an example of being given time, Daniel Farke was cited, having won 8 of his first 26 games, but 4 transfer windows and two summers later sees Norwich in the Premier League, from a starting place of lower Championship.

To match that record, bearing in mind Mr Bond had his first 6 games last season, after 20 games this season, if including only league games, he would have another 20 games this season to reach that number, taking us up to the Bristol Rovers away game on the 7th December. The six wins giving us 18 points, say a matching number of draws, giving us 24 points by then, with 26 games and one transfer window to go. And by this time the team grasping and delivering on his tactical requirements. A glimmer of hope and a better back half of the season to come, or just wishful thinking?

Was just back in England for a couple of games, obviously disappointed with the results and for the most part the team performances. However, think Bond should be given more time. You can see he's trying to get us playing a passing game from the back if you are looking for positives. However, the speed of play needs to increase. You could see that at the Lincoln game, their passing and off the ball running was much quicker than ours, so it caused us problems, while they were able to adjust to our ball movement. We've got some good players and also Hopper and a fully fit Cox to come back as well as Kiernan who I thought did well at the end of last season. The sad reality for me is that our goal now for this season is to make sure we stay in this division. That's why Bond should be given more time. I'm confident we can do it.

Well the L1 table is a bit mixed up due to Bolton gifting teams 3 points, that's why Tranmere have 3 points so all is not lost.

Besides we do seem to be improving with each match, if we hadn't scored an OG on Sat and the ball fell in our favour for the second then Wycombe wouldn't have had their tails up and we could have been celebrating a 3-0 win. things will come good with this team and maybe even with this manager

Ok fellow Shrimpers, it's a Sunday morning and we haven't lost the day before. A first for this season!
Let's get that Roots Hall Roar back for the next game.

Two quick wins gets us right back in the pack.

I am hoping that RM didn't immediately announce a caretaker appointment means a quick move to install a new manager, and if done early in the week, maximise the time with the players to get off on a positive footing against Fleetwood on Saturday.

UTB

Two quick wins gets us right back in the pack.

I am hoping that RM didn't immediately announce a caretaker appointment means a quick move to install a new manager, and if done early in the week, maximise the time with the players to get off on a positive footing against Fleetwood on Saturday.

UTB
I don't think we expect a quick anything from Ron, he's far more concerned with getting the 'right' person for him this time after so royally ****ing this one up.

true Rhb.

Although until his club upped his contract, he had allegedly lined up the guy from north of the border, so he did have something in mind. And involving a manager currently employed, a bit of a first. I bet he won't do that again in a hurry, which is why I don't think AB will be coming back, I can always be wrong on that one though.

If only it was as easy as that... you forget that other results would need to go our way too. And then there’s our goal difference...

Not at all. But most of the teams in the pack of 5 points aren't going to win and if we did get off to a cracker with a new manager, we wouldn't be 5 points behind any longer. IF agreed, but NOT impossible. And I did say back in the pack, not topping the league.

That would take longer lol.

Remember what Barnsley achieved after getting rid of Hill!

Back