• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity

I thought it would be interesting if people listed the positives of being in the situation we're in. I'll start:

I went for an off road bike ride today and realised we have some amazing countryside round here that I'd never really made use of. I'll be cycling and walking a lot more now.

My lawn has never been cut so many times on a short space of time, although I'm now led to believe bin lorries won't be collecting grass cuttings so might have to reduce the frequency

Don't think dogs have had so many walks ever.
Going to be e few unhappy hounds when this gets back to normal(although may be grateful of the rest).

Cleaner air and rivers
But From a purely selfish perspective- absolutely zero positives of any kind what so ever.

Longterm I think there might well be a shift in our working culture with more and more people working from home rather than just being present in the office.

Hopefully people who are classed as key workers during this period will be rewarded accordingly.

I also hope that people focus less on money, house prices may become more sensible and rents may fall.

And hopefully this shift can make a huge difference to those with disabilities who would have struggled for employment beforehand.

and that would be a major positive even before you start looking at the improved work life balances and environmental improvements.

This whole business of working from home is a bit of a mystery to me I must be honest. Back in the day one of my guys requested to work from home because of a temporary medical condition. Customs agreed to this but the hoops he and I had to jump through to make it happen where many. Security of data was one access to the Departmental security networks/database was another biggie and also keeping the home working space secure also wiggled its little head above the ground. Add a dash of health and safety and it was a hard old task to achieve. Admittedly that was 15/20 years ago, but now, it seems, as long as you have sufficient broadband width to your house you're in business. How times change.

This whole business of working from home is a bit of a mystery to me I must be honest. Back in the day one of my guys requested to work from home because of a temporary medical condition. Customs agreed to this but the hoops he and I had to jump through to make it happen where many. Security of data was one access to the Departmental security networks/database was another biggie and also keeping the home working space secure also wiggled its little head above the ground. Add a dash of health and safety and it was a hard old task to achieve. Admittedly that was 15/20 years ago, but now, it seems, as long as you have sufficient broadband width to your house you're in business. How times change.
Were they using AOL Dial-Up with 56 kbit/s?

Remember it used to take about 5 minutes for a website page to load even ShrimperZone. :Angry:

CA1.gif

Luckily we now have Satellite and Fibre super fast broadband with encryption for added security.

Went for a walk today and in a nearby road children had chalked a rainbow on the pavement and also a traditional hopscotch grid beside which they had written 'anyone who wants to can use this' - how lovely.

Went for a walk today and in a nearby road children had chalked a rainbow on the pavement and also a traditional hopscotch grid beside which they had written 'anyone who wants to can use this' - how lovely.
...and did you?

Folks this is supposed to be a positivity thread - just saying happy Sunday to all

Reactions: RHB
Back