• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity

I've just received this from Toulouse Restaurant via email. If you fancy a restaurant meal at home for a special occasion then this may be for you. I think this is a positivity post despite the price!!

With the decline of cod & many other fish species in the Estuary, Crouch, Blackwater in recent years, i'm amazed they dont all starve to death?.

There are plenty of fish in the estuary, including skate, smooth hounds and bass. it was a bumper year for bass last year and hopefully careful management (which I had a small part in )has paid off..... Lots of whiting and dog fish which fisherman aren't interested in. Seals are ok as they will eat almost anything including crabs and even birds, if they have to. They are obviously finding food as they wouldn't be here if the didn't.

Their biggest enemy is not food supply its, as per usual, man..... They may have learnt the hard way as they are culled in their 1000's in Canada, Norway and Russia.

I believe you can still kill seals in parts of the UK under license. It was to do with protecting fish farms. Their products are valuable but sadly many are killed around the world purely to preserve fish stocks. Whether this has any effect is disputed

So I guess here in gods riviera, with cleaner water, enough food and some decent crumpet in the summer......Lifes not bad for a seal.

I have felt for some time that local schools should team up with some very knowledgable boat owners/clubs in the area. A great chance to learn about the importance of conservation, the effects of climate change and the danger of the tides etc.

It may well safe a life or two, even preventing the life boat to be launched would be a result......With the added bonus of a trip to see the seals of course.

Well. Now we know how long it will take the animals to take over our cities after human civilisation collapses - about a week and a half.

A terrible admission but even though we are retired, before this all kicked off it was too easy to pick up ready meals and bung them in the oven, or order a takeaway or go to a restaurant for a meal or the arches for breakfast. Tempting though some of that was, now we are cooking again using fresh ingredients and experimenting with cook books so old all the measurements are imperial. The plus of all this is that we are eating far healthier than before Covid19 flew in.

A terrible admission but even though we are retired, before this all kicked off it was too easy to pick up ready meals and bung them in the oven, or order a takeaway or go to a restaurant for a meal or the arches for breakfast. Tempting though some of that was, now we are cooking again using fresh ingredients and experimenting with cook books so old all the measurements are imperial. The plus of all this is that we are eating far healthier than before Covid19 flew in.

I've yet to be able to buy any fresh meat or veg, not sure if my shop timings are terrible, but I have still been snacking less and exercising more, so fitness has definitely improved somewhat.

I just need to time the shop with the fresh meat and veg and I'll be good to go.

I've yet to be able to buy any fresh meat or veg, not sure if my shop timings are terrible, but I have still been snacking less and exercising more, so fitness has definitely improved somewhat.

I just need to time the shop with the fresh meat and veg and I'll be good to go.
Have you tried independence shops, Smiths greengrocers in H Ct Rd has plenty, and butchers in North Rd and Manners Way both seem well provisioned.

Have you tried independence shops, Smiths greengrocers in H Ct Rd has plenty, and butchers in North Rd and Manners Way both seem well provisioned.

I have been for a meat shop today and got a good stash and we have a veg delivery coming tomorrow. Finally some good food!!

Thanks for the tips though.

This really has shown the best in a lot of people, feels like even though we are socially distant the idea of community is building strength.

If any of you have younger children or grand children this is a must for them to do.

92135040_10219302043534918_8112051667081363456_o.jpg

NHS Nightingale are looking for pictures and messages of HOPE drawn by children to decorate the bare walls. Get your little ones drawing

Text copied.

Hello all,

Firstly THANK YOU for your support in this. The more pictures we get the better. These will be put up on the walls in the Nightingale Hospital to brighten the place up. At this awful time let’s bring some colour and hope to both patients and staff.

Please ensure that pictures are A4 so they can be laminated for infection control purposes. If you can laminate them before sending to your regional hub PLEASE do! This saves a lot of work for those who are giving up time to do this. Feel free to draw as many as you like there are no restrictions on sharing the love! Also if you’d like to write a message of hope or get well wishes please feel free to!

Whichever region you live in can you please send your pictures to the address that has been assigned to your region (I know not all addresses are within your region but we’ve had to divide it up the best we can with the volunteers we’ve got). This helps to share the load between those who have volunteered.

When you’ve posted to your regional hub - they will then be lovingly collected and once there’s enough will be sent on to someone who will deliver them to the Nightingale Hospital.

Finally on a health and safety point - please adhere to all government guidelines and adhere to safe self distancing measures. Always wash or gel hands after handling post etc.

All pictures should be addressed to “Rainbows for Nightingale”

South West
Rainbows for Nightingale
Flat 4
3 Quenneys Close
Gloucester
GL4 6LU

London
Rainbows for Nightingale
Touchwood
Little Green Lane,
Farnham
GU9 8TF

West Midlands
Rainbows for Nightingale
25 Gainsbrook Cresent
Norton Canes
Staffordshire
WS11 9TN

East of England
Rainbows for Nightingale
31 Lynn Road
Terrington St Clement
Norfolk
PE34 4JU

North West
Rainbows for Nightingale
36 Kerry Close
Barwell
Leicestershire
LE9 8HT

East Midlands
Rainbows for Nightingale
21 Fane Close
Stamford
PE9 1HG

North East
Rainbows for Nightingale
6 Bluebell Grove
Woodville
Swadlincote
South Derbyshire
DE11 8FY

South East
Rainbows for Nightingale
24 Pullman Close
Ramsgate
Kent
CT12 6BT

Yorkshire and Humberside
Rainbows for Nightingale
97 Doveside Drive
Darfield
Barnsley
S73 9NW

Any other location including Wales and Scotland
Rainbows for Nightingale
59 Sutherland Grove
London
SW18 5QP

If any of you have younger children or grand children this is a must for them to do.

92135040_10219302043534918_8112051667081363456_o.jpg

NHS Nightingale are looking for pictures and messages of HOPE drawn by children to decorate the bare walls. Get your little ones drawing

Text copied.

Hello all,

Firstly THANK YOU for your support in this. The more pictures we get the better. These will be put up on the walls in the Nightingale Hospital to brighten the place up. At this awful time let’s bring some colour and hope to both patients and staff.

Please ensure that pictures are A4 so they can be laminated for infection control purposes. If you can laminate them before sending to your regional hub PLEASE do! This saves a lot of work for those who are giving up time to do this. Feel free to draw as many as you like there are no restrictions on sharing the love! Also if you’d like to write a message of hope or get well wishes please feel free to!

Whichever region you live in can you please send your pictures to the address that has been assigned to your region (I know not all addresses are within your region but we’ve had to divide it up the best we can with the volunteers we’ve got). This helps to share the load between those who have volunteered.

When you’ve posted to your regional hub - they will then be lovingly collected and once there’s enough will be sent on to someone who will deliver them to the Nightingale Hospital.

Finally on a health and safety point - please adhere to all government guidelines and adhere to safe self distancing measures. Always wash or gel hands after handling post etc.

All pictures should be addressed to “Rainbows for Nightingale”

South West
Rainbows for Nightingale
Flat 4
3 Quenneys Close
Gloucester
GL4 6LU

London
Rainbows for Nightingale
Touchwood
Little Green Lane,
Farnham
GU9 8TF

West Midlands
Rainbows for Nightingale
25 Gainsbrook Cresent
Norton Canes
Staffordshire
WS11 9TN

East of England
Rainbows for Nightingale
31 Lynn Road
Terrington St Clement
Norfolk
PE34 4JU

North West
Rainbows for Nightingale
36 Kerry Close
Barwell
Leicestershire
LE9 8HT

East Midlands
Rainbows for Nightingale
21 Fane Close
Stamford
PE9 1HG

North East
Rainbows for Nightingale
6 Bluebell Grove
Woodville
Swadlincote
South Derbyshire
DE11 8FY

South East
Rainbows for Nightingale
24 Pullman Close
Ramsgate
Kent
CT12 6BT

Yorkshire and Humberside
Rainbows for Nightingale
97 Doveside Drive
Darfield
Barnsley
S73 9NW

Any other location including Wales and Scotland
Rainbows for Nightingale
59 Sutherland Grove
London
SW18 5QP
Not seen anything to verify that this is legitimate.

Nor me @Pubey, apart from what you see above. Although for somebody to go to that much trouble with address's etc and to involve young children would have to be a bit of a sicko, if it is not true.

Certainly my wife seems to have rediscovered her culinary skills during the current lockdown in Spain.She also gets ample opportunity to practise her undoubted social skills on the phone.Just seen the latest bill from Orange. :Scared: :Winking:

Nor me @Pubey, apart from what you see above. Although for somebody to go to that much trouble with address's etc and to involve young children would have to be a bit of a sicko, if it is not true.
Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if this was either a time-waster, or someone with a nice idea but no agreement from the NHS to do this. Probably a Col Ewe fan as well. I'll keep trying to find out more.

The NHS has more important things to be focussing on at the moment. If they feel that community support for certain initiatives is important then we should look for official messages and support them.

My personal view is that right now, sticking a load of stuff in the postal service right now isn't good for anyone.

Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if this was either a time-waster, or someone with a nice idea but no agreement from the NHS to do this. Probably a Col Ewe fan as well. I'll keep trying to find out more.

The NHS has more important things to be focussing on at the moment. If they feel that community support for certain initiatives is important then we should look for official messages and support them.

My personal view is that right now, sticking a load of stuff in the postal service right now isn't good for anyone.

Seems it is official https://www.facebook.com/nhsnightingale/

night.PNG

You beat me to it @kaymac. :Clap:

Talking to people on the phone, and not texting. Forgot how much we text and not just ring someone up. Before texting I never gave much thought about ringing someone up and just talking, its been great to reconnect with people who I just text.

Back