• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Possibilities of Freddy leaving

Tweedy

First XI
I have just had a thought, I reckon that if Wycombe refuse to sell nathan tyson to the likes of hull city, wolves, and southampton then freddy will surely be a second option for these clubs.

A second option!!

They were only going for Tyson because they could not afford Freddy, he is far better than Tyson

Can't see Freddy leaving this season unless Southampton or whoever is interested puts a massive bid in for him...

We all know he is a great player, but just cant see anyone in the championship paying that sort of money for him. Its cheaper for them to source an overseas player at a better level. Trying to think of anyone since Ashdown(and we need to remember he was banging them in the Chmpionship already) that achieved much more than £1m.

Forgot the guy at Reading
smile.gif
Sorry

I reckon Freddy will stay until at least the summer then weigh up his options. At the moment the way we are goin we could be playing Championship football next season (touch wood) and I can only see championship clubs coming in for him. So this will not make Freddy want to leave. Plus he is loved at Southend, adored by everyone and has a good thing going. If a Premier$hite club came in it may be a different story but I will say he will be here until at least the summer.

If we go up he'll stay providing he signs a contract extension which I'd imagine he would as he loves it here and as long as we recognise his progress with a decent pay increase. If he doesn't sign the club will be forced to sell him as he'll have only a year left on his deal.

Ashton went for £3m so if Freddy starts scoring for us in the Championship (IF we get there) I'd imagine we'd be able to command at least £1.5-£2m for him at some point in the future. If he leaves next summer we'll be looking at slightly less but it would surely still have to be a 7-figure sum as if clubs are bidding £750k for Tyson in L2 with him also out of contract in a matter of months Freddy must be worth more on top of that. For anyone to bid £750k for a L2 striker coming to the end of his contract is crazy IMO.....

What's great is that Freddy appears to be "settled" here (notwithstanding the earlier traveller comments) and happy with Tilson, Brush and Southend in general. What's even better is that he hasn't been interested in the past by the likes of Forest and Southampton.

Seems to me that, while Freddy feels he can achieve his ambitions with the Shrimpers, he's happy to stay around. While that's the case, it's much easier for Ron Martin to resist any interest that isn't accompanied by Collymungous amounts of cash.

If we don't go up, Freddy will move in the summer, more than likely to a Championship side.
If we do go up, I'm pretty sure it'll be largely down to his goals at the end of the day, in which case, I see no reason why a Premier$hite club would not come in for him. If this happens how could a club like ours let money (to an extent) get in the way of seeing a lad realise his potential. I for one would not stand in his way.
He rejected Forest because they were League 1, like us. I'm not sure there's many clubs in the top half of the Championship or all of the Premier$hite he would turn down, settled or not.
I think what I'm trying to say is he will be leaving in the summer, of that I'm pretty certain.
If this is the case, he deserves to be always given solid applause whenever he returns.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Nov. 01 2005,13:59)]If this happens how could a club like ours let money (to an extent) get in the way of seeing a lad realise his potential. I for one would not stand in his way.
Indeed - all I'm saying is that the money would have to be right. Clubs of our size rely on receiving payment for quality players (just like Grays did when we bought Freddy). Should Grays have let us have him anythng other than a reasonable figure just because we were playing at a higher level?

Tucked away in a corner of the sports section of today's Southern Daily Echo was a brief article which said that Southampton were "today" linked with a move for Freddy "in the January transfer window".

There was no comment from anyone at the club, though.

Watch this space, I guess...

suspect.gif

I think Pardews silence in this matter is deafening. It would not surprise me to see a return to WHam for Mr. Eastwood. He would not be geographically unsettled, knows the set up, and would have one of his best opportunities there to make it into a Premier$hite first team. Watch this space!!!
rock.gif

Its going to be a long bloomin' January thats for sure. Hopefully we'll be 10 points clear at that point and thus he will stay.

biggrin.gif

I know some people are getting a bit bored of all this Freddy transfer talk, not surprising with the number of different threads appearing as to the whys, hows and whens of any potential move, but for those who might have a remote interest in the view from the South Coast, here's an article from today's Southern daily Echo:

HARRY: WE MIGHT HAVE TO LOOK AT FREDDY...

Swansea's Lee Trundle and Southend's Freddy Eastwood will top Harry Redknapp's January transfer window shopping list.

Speaking at yesterday's annual meeting at St Mary's, the Saints manager recognised the need to boost the strike department. He also revealed that Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has told him that he heads the list to take Carlton Cole on loan should the striker be offered out.

Scouser Trundle has plundered 14 League One goals in only 13 matches for Swansea this season. Trundle top scored with 23 goals as the Swans won promotion from League Two last season - one more than he scored in his first season after switching from Wrexham in the summer of 2003.

Eastwood, as reported in yesterday's Echo, has netted seven times this season for Southend, another club who are aiming for a second successive promotion.

Redknapp wants someone to complement teenage sensation Theo Walcott up front and is still hopeful that in his current squad he will find the man to do just that. His search goes on with limited resources.

"You've got to take a chance with a [Lee] Trundle or Southend's Freddy Eastwood," he said. "We are not going to get a player from the Premier League without paying silly money."

Earlier, club chairman Rupert Lowe said that Redknapp has the backing of the board in the transfer market. "Harry is aware of what we have got and when he finds a striker he wants to buy, we as a board will support him to a level that we can afford," said Lowe.

There is a good action shot of Freddy scoring his screamer at Ashton Gate as well!

In another article, Lowe also insisted that he was not going to sell his young players like Theo Walcott, despite the recent rumours.

So, it looks simple really. Just put a huge price tag on Freddy's head to put Saints off and tell them to go and get Trundle!

biggrin.gif

Back