• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
Whilst having a laugh at Michael Ricketts on another thread,

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28697

I found a list of players available on free transfers, which I found quite interesting, especially if you think that Tilly is rumoured be looking at a simialr list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Unattached_footballers

I've listed a few players that caught my eye for various reasons.

Jimmy F H, Didier Agathe, Igor Biscan, Drewe Broughton, Kenny Cunningham, Stephen Crainey, Malcolm Christie, Matt Carbon, Kevin Campbell, Duncan Ferguson, Hayden Foxe (Tilly does like gingers!) Julian Gray, Rodney Jack, Matt Jansen, Seth Johnson, Gary McSwegan, Mark Pembridge, Chris Perry, Paul Peschisolido, Trevor Sinclair, Dean Sturridge, David Unsworth & Arjan De Zueew.

I don't know how accurate the list is, but there were several names that I haven't listed will give a few people a chuckle or raise an eyebrow or too. Husbands, Gutts, Andy Edwards, Sodje.

I know a lot of the players I put on my first list may not be the most realistic, but one or two of them might take something rather than nothing e.g. Gray, Jansen, Campbell & Foxe (Yes I know he was a Spammer!)

Who do would you like off the unattached list. & no I don't think Kluivert will do a Goater for us!

One player who did catch my eye was Sam Hird, who is a decent 19 year old who was at Leeds. He was a name that was mentioned very highly when we played at Elland Road last year. Another is Rohan Ricketts, but like most we're a bit scared of that name!!

De zueew has gone to coventry. I think that a playerd will be looking 4 champ footy and the rest are probably not good enough or too old

I mentioned some time back about Jansen and i still think that if he played every week he'd score 20 a season in the championship, he is a real quality player. Christie is in talks with Notts Forest, so L1 football with a realistic chance of championship football the next season is enough for some players. I've always thought gray could be a massive signing for a team like ourselves, but with the imminent arrival of Bailey i don't think he'd be too high on our list of priorities. Perry is a very good defender who i imagine,considering his personality wouldn't mind playing in L1 at his age, some viable options in that list, there are some real gems out there.

One player who did catch my eye was Sam Hird, who is a decent 19 year old who was at Leeds. He was a name that was mentioned very highly when we played at Elland Road last year. Another is Rohan Ricketts, but like most we're a bit scared of that name!![/QUOTE]

Rohan Ricketts would be a fantastic signing for us! He hasnt been prolific over the last few years but the guy is still very young and a class act...... in fact.... I want his babies, sign him Tilly!

I mentioned some time back about Jansen and i still think that if he played every week he'd score 20 a season in the championship, he is a real quality player. Christie is in talks with Notts Forest, so L1 football with a realistic chance of championship football the next season is enough for some players. I've always thought gray could be a massive signing for a team like ourselves, but with the imminent arrival of Bailey i don't think he'd be too high on our list of priorities. Perry is a very good defender who i imagine,considering his personality wouldn't mind playing in L1 at his age, some viable options in that list, there are some real gems out there.

Exactly the point I was making. Those I listed on there were personal choices that caught my eye when I quickly scanned the huge list. There are quite a few others on there that may interest a lot of people, which is why I mentioned Sam Hird & Rohan Ricketts. There were a few others on there that seemed familiar & probably worth a punt (ok, Euro!)

I'm sure Tilly has made enquiries about several of these & was told that the players are too greedy. If they were that good they would have clubs paying them what they are worth!!

Jansen is a Prem player if fit for 95% of the season. Maybe a pay as you play & a bonus if he played 75%+ of the season, deal at SUFC would be a worthwhile option??

but who would you drop out of maher and macca for ricketts? there is no way he would come here unless he was starting

but who would you drop out of maher and macca for ricketts? there is no way he would come here unless he was starting

Either!! YOu forget about the amount of suspensions either of them will clock up. As good as Macca is, Tilly has to draw the line with his indiscipline & say no more. If learning the hard way, i.e. dropping him, then so be it.

BTW I really like Macca & hope he sorts the card problem out VERY quickly!

Either!! YOu forget about the amount of suspensions either of them will clock up. As good as Macca is, Tilly has to draw the line with his indiscipline & say no more. If learning the hard way, i.e. dropping him, then so be it.

BTW I really like Macca & hope he sorts the card problem out VERY quickly!

there is no way macca has a indiscipline problem... his game is about tackling and hustling for the ball.. i've never seen him lose it or get a booking for dissent (unlike maher) and so asking macca to back out of challenges is taking away his key attribute. i agree that having someone like ricketts as backup would be amazing but he wouldn't come unless TandB guarenteed him first team footie, which would mean him being a replacement for either maher or macca.

He must have a discipline problem, 11 bookings in 20/21 games. Most of his bookings were through petulance/frustration when losing, so he does have a discipline problem.

Regardless of what he's been booked for, getting to his second suspension in 19 games is appalling & no use to a team when trying to stay up or as in this year, go up.

Chris Perry will demand huge wages as he did with West Brum.
Has a bad attitude too as i have good links to their *** manager.
Apparently he launched a foul-mouthed tirade against Tony Mowbray and co at half-time this season in front of the whole team and has now been shown the door.

Back