• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Possible marketing scheme

Shrimper

Life President
Hey all, me again, i was recently reading an old version of my FourFourTwo magazine and in it there was an article on a new racing sport which was a cross between Formula 1 and Football with the racing cars sporting the badges of the teams in question. In the article it said that clubs don't have to pay much to make the cars or keep them maintained and they can earn up to £5million per racing season. I had a thought that maybe we should look into it as a possible way of raising some much needed funds, obviously it wouldn't be £5million for us but it'd still be a substantial amount. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Free money and Free advertising?

Because that doesn't sound like it's too good to be true...

Here's our car...
soap%20box%20009.jpg

Here's the opposition...
Lotus_119c_soapbox_car_3.jpg

A quote from an article I found

"Traditional racing sponsorship deals take care of the financial backing for the cars. The football teams provide their names, colors and (hopefully) fanbase but don't actually put in any money to the racing operations."

Hey all, me again, i was recently reading an old version of my FourFourTwo magazine and in it there was an article on a new racing sport which was a cross between Formula 1 and Football with the racing cars sporting the badges of the teams in question. In the article it said that clubs don't have to pay much to make the cars or keep them maintained and they can earn up to £5million per racing season. I had a thought that maybe we should look into it as a possible way of raising some much needed funds, obviously it wouldn't be £5million for us but it'd still be a substantial amount. Thoughts?

Why not contact the commercial department?

I would but i'd not know how to address it. I'd probably have to write a letter to them and lets face it , i wouldn't know where to begin. I'd give it a go and see if i get a response. I'll post it on here before i send it off.

I have been in touch with the SF Competition Director and this is what he has told me thus far.

At the start of SF we approached many clubs to find out if they had some interest in being part of the championship. The criteria was one (or two) well known clubs from each country.

Since those initial agreements have been met, it is now only possible to join SF on either of the following criteria.

1. An automatic acceptance if it is one of the “Golden” clubs such as Real Madrid, Manchester United, Bayern Munich

2. If the club or a Franchise Holder chooses to pay all the costs for ‘their’ club to be part of the SF championship. Usually these costs are approximately €1m per annum.

The clubs (or the race teams) receive the prize money dependant on what deal they do with the race team that supports them. There is a €333,000 prize fund per race, of which there is currently 6 (more races next season)

The major benefit (for the smaller clubs) is the ability to globalise their brands into areas where they are not strong. Also being seen alongside the ‘big clubs’ also increases their visibility and stature (on a world platform).

Last edited:
Back