• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Folks,

I have a 3.5* midfielder (on passable form) with solid experience and passable leadership. I might be persuaded to sell him, but it would depend on whether the money was right... I'd be looking, I guess, to recoup at least £250K for him, and maybe more.

Anyhow, I thought I'd pop him on here to see if there were any potential SUFC buyers for him... essentially, you'd have a great midfielder for a season, who would then be eligible to become your coach - and, crucially, a solid coach - after only 16 weeks.

Here's the fella:

David Bernhardsson [playerid=5293338]
32 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and upright.
Has solid experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: Sverige
Total Skill Index (TSI): 830
Wage: 560 £/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Southend United Football Club
Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: excellent Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: inadequate

Career Goals: 39
Career Hattricks: 1
League goals this season: 1
Cup goals this season: 1

He is a cracking player - he has been a lynchpin of my side pretty much since I started HT, and in some respects would be pretty gutted to lose him.

However, having raised so much through my last sale (of one of my scoring trainees... £737,333 to be precise), the time has come for me to dip into the transfer market in a big way, and land me a 5* midfielder who can push me on a level.

That means that captain Bernhardsson - my 3.5* midfielder - probably ought to move on.

What do people think is a reasonable asking / paying price for him. My gut instinct is that he ought to be worth at least £250K, but if anyone has a better view than that as to his worth, let me know!

wink.gif

Let me know if you're potentially interested in buying him, and I'll put him up for sale.

Matt

If I hadn't just bought a new defender I'd have given you £250k straight away.

I've had a quick look and this guy sold for £421,333:

Süle Jost (15884229)
32 years, solid form, healthy

Nationality: Schweiz
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 220
Wage: 592 £/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: FC Obolone Frogs

Excellent PM
Excellent Stamina
Inadequate Passing
Inadequate Defending

You could probably hope to get similar....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Mar. 02 2005,10:48)]If I hadn't just bought a new defender I'd have given you £250k straight away.

I've had a quick look and this guy sold for £421,333...
Cool - nice one, Mr. B...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 02 2005,10:00)]David Bernhardsson [playerid=5293338]
32 years, passable form, healthy  

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality:  Sverige
Total Skill Index (TSI):   830
Wage:  560 £/week  including 20% Bonus
Owner:  Southend United Football Club
Warnings:  0  

Stamina:    excellent   Goaltending:    disastrous  
Playmaking:    excellent   Passing:    inadequate  
Winger:    weak   Defending:    wretched  
Scoring:    inadequate   Set Pieces:    inadequate  

Career Goals:   39
Career Hattricks:   1
League goals this season:   1
Cup goals this season:   1
Well, I've listed him for £300K if anyone is interested...

rock.gif
cool.gif

Matt

Back