• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

footymad13

Sir Richard Attenborough,

What a man this guy is, and prob the actor id love to meet the most.

- League of Gentleman (One of the finest films ever ?)
- Dunkirk
- Miracle on 34th Street (Fav xmas film)
- Great Escape
- Sand pebbles

and directed some fine films

- Bridge too far - Incredibly moving and superb acting and directing

- Gandhi

- Young Winston - Superb story of Churchill when young.

Best British actor ever along with Sir John Mills ?

ooooo they dont make um like they used 2
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 31 2003,01:35)]ooooo they dont make um like they used 2
sad.gif
Is that last statement about the British Film Industry or the quality of the actors.

I feel that we do still generate the quality of actors just that they do not get such opportunities as these fine thespians did.

In their day we had a fairly prominent film industry which was churning out many good films. However nowadays most films come from the good ol US of A and such the acting base is more american centric and the chances of a british actor making it is very limited .
cool.gif

If you want to see some real acting get yourself down the Cliffs Pavillion to see Cinderella starring - The Chuckle Brothers.

Fizz from Eldorado and the cast of Albion Market never got the credit they deserved for some fine performances.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Oct. 31 2003,09:28)]Robert De Niro and Harrison Ford.  From British acting Martin Kemp, Jason Strathan (or however you spell it) and David Jason.

Keith Duffy anyone?
De Niro aside, you are joking?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 31 2003,10:06)]Fizz from Eldorado
I actually bumped into Fitz when visiting relatives in Spain...the town they lived in was used for filming Eldorado, so I walked past several scenes as an extra. I'm still waiting for my Equity card.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 31 2003,10:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Oct. 31 2003,09:28)]Robert De Niro and Harrison Ford.  From British acting Martin Kemp, Jason Strathan (or however you spell it) and David Jason.

Keith Duffy anyone?
De Niro aside,  you are joking?
Martin Kemp?HAHA!

Best in the world: Jony Depp(superb actor),Jim Carrey(extremely entertaining) In Britain: David Jason, John Cleese

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 31 2003,10:06)]Fizz from Eldorado
Ah! My influence for the move I am about to make ...

Los Barcos. What a community! Full of horrific actors (the one who played Trine especially) and Trish Valentine and her bloody dog.

But then, Pilar did make it worth watching sometimes ...

WS

has to be
Sir Johnny Mills
Lord d**ky Attenborough
Sir Maurice Micklewhite
Ben kingsley
Ray "The Daddy" Winstone
legends one and all

And for best British actors, I will go with (in alphabetical order) :

Robert Carlyle
Alec Guinness
Ian Holm
John Hurt
John Mills
Gary Oldman

and, of course, Richard Burbage.

But if I had to choose one, it can ONLY be Alec Guinness. I think his Fagin in David Lean's excellent 1948 version of 'Oliver Twist' is possibly THE definitive portrayal of the character. And who can possibly forget Professor Marcus in the 1955 classic 'The Ladykillers' and, of course, Herbet Pocket in another David Lean classic 'Great Expectations' (1946). Add in 'The Bridge on the River Kwai', his excellent playing of Prince Faisal in 'Lawrence of Arabia' and the fantastic 'Kind Hearts and Coronets', and you have a fine record of a truly brilliant actor.

[waiting for obvious addition]

WS

How about cr*p actors?

Hulk Hogan
Jon Bon Jovi
Madonna
The Appleton sisters
Keanu Reeves
Anyone in a Guy Ritchie mockney film (Apart from Mike Reid)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Westcliff Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2003,11:47)]But if I had to choose one, it can ONLY be Alec Guinness. I think his Fagin in David Lean's excellent 1948 version of 'Oliver Twist' is possibly THE definitive portrayal of the character. And who can possibly forget Professor Marcus in the 1955 classic 'The Ladykillers' and, of course, Herbet Pocket in another David Lean classic 'Great Expectations' (1946). Add in 'The Bridge on the River Kwai', his excellent playing of Prince Faisal in 'Lawrence of Arabia' and the fantastic 'Kind Hearts and Coronets', and you have a fine record of a truly brilliant actor.

[waiting for obvious addition]

WS
Wasn't he in Our Man in Havana, the Graham Greene adaption?

Back