• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Possibly we will be relegated to Non League on this rate ...

We must prepare for the future of our club playing in Conference against the like of Maidenhead, King Lynn & Wealdstone in 2021/2022 season.

Nonsense. Chris Phillips did a thing not long ago which showed we had 27 players to choose from - so even if we remain under an embargo, we are not short of players.

What we must do is choose a manager who can operate in this environment - someone who can work with what he has, motivate younger players, and generate a strong team spirit. other clubs find them, and so can we. What we don’t need is a manager who is going to say it’s all the Chairman’s fault, and he’s got no resources, as soon as he loses a few games. What we don’t need is a manager who is going to say it’s all the Chairman’s fault, and he’s got no resources, as soon as he loses a few games.

Nonsense. Chris Phillips did a thing not long ago which showed we had 27 players to choose from - so even if we remain under an embargo, we are not short of players.

What we must do is choose a manager who can operate in this environment - someone who can work with what he has, motivate younger players, and generate a strong team spirit. other clubs find them, and so can we. What we don’t need is a manager who is going to say it’s all the Chairman’s fault, and he’s got no resources, as soon as he loses a few games. What we don’t need is a manager who is going to say it’s all the Chairman’s fault, and he’s got no resources, as soon as he loses a few games.
What I mean, that our players are not physically strong enough to cope with League 2 side who roll up their sleeves and give us an kicking and rough ya up & beat us on set pieces too.

What I mean, that our players are not physically strong enough to cope with League 2 side who roll up their sleeves and give us an kicking and rough ya up & beat us on set pieces too.

We might not win the league, but with the right management and tactics, we have more than enough not to fear the drop. Campbell would’ve had us competitive in this league.

get what youre saying, but if theres no club, no finance, no wages....I hope it doesnt come to that. People saying we've been in worse situations, maybe.. but we need to look to the future. Learn by our mistakes, live within our means and if Southern league, Div2, sub section three is it, so be it.

are you sure about that? I work with several Grimsby fans and they have exactly the same fears about their squad, they've had to release everyone they could and will have to rely on their unproven youth players.

we won't be the only club putting out very young teams next season, at least ours have a bit of experience.

Eight players on that list could potentially leave, whilst at least 12 of them are considered youngsters, who - in my opinion at least - aren’t ready for a Lg2 dog fight.

We’re not short of bodies, but we’re certainly short of players.

Campbell would’ve had us competitive in this league.

?????

League 2 may well be a reflection of an U23 division. In which case I tip us for a solid mid table finish if we can get a couple of old men that will take and dish out the physicals for the boys to play their footy. The footy that put a smile on our faces again before covid and the footy that has had them consistently competing for honours at youth levels. For those that are proclaiming the beginning of the end, hold on to your socks i think you'll be pleasantly surprised what Craig Fagans youngsters produce next season.

God help anyone suffering depression logging on here. People really need to look on the bright side. Cue everyone saying there is no bright side

I think I need to stay away, threads like this really pee me off

Agree completely. Unfortunately certain people on here will never be anything but doom and gloom merchants, it seems to be in their psyche.

Not sure what the panic is. We were rubbish last season and we have released problem players and those that no one really rated......Other clubs have had to release their decent players.

So right now we have the most experienced youth in L2 and more wise old pros to choose from than ever.

I always felt Bond wasn't Ron's first choice last summer but as time ticked on and fans got twitchy he probably felt better take what I know......I would think we will see someone appointed within the next 10 days.

Not sure what the panic is. We were rubbish last season and we have released problem players and those that no one really rated......Other clubs have had to release their decent players.

So right now we have the most experienced youth in L2 and more wise old pros to choose from than ever.

I always felt Bond wasn't Ron's first choice last summer but as time ticked on and fans got twitchy he probably felt better take what I know......I would think we will see someone appointed within the next 10 days.

The problem is;

- We’re already behind other clubs in terms of fitness & application

- We can’t register new players

- We already had a depleted squad, nevermind the fact we’re about to lose several more

- We’re dependent on outside investment to sort our debts, which isn’t a given in the current climate

- We have no manager

- Points deduction having over our heads

You know me, I’m Southend through and through, and will always be there, regardless of who the owner is, the league we’re in or the dire straits that we face.

But right now, there’s no shame in being slightly concerned.

What do you support the club or a division?

If you can only think about the division f*ck off and support Wet Spam, Spuds or Arseh*les. If you support the club you won't care what division we're in, you'll go anyway. It's called being a supporter.

We might not win the league, but with the right management and tactics, we have more than enough not to fear the drop. Campbell would’ve had us competitive in this league.

i am tryingto take a balanced view of the Campbell fiasco .... and accept we could not afford him,

the commentary provided by the Zone was ... oh well.

if relegated to Isthmian or wherever I can imagine some will be smug "told you so"

we are all DOOMED

Back