• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Possibly we will be relegated to Non League on this rate ...

i am tryingto take a balanced view of the Campbell fiasco .... and accept we could not afford him,

the commentary provided by the Zone was ... oh well.

if relegated to Isthmian or wherever I can imagine some will be smug "told you so"

we are all DOOMED

It’s more than just a money issue, as you know.

Maybe it would have taken us dropping down to the Isthmian League, for you to realise that he was simply not the right man for the job, here.

What do you support the club or a division?

If you can only think about the division f*ck off and support Wet Spam, Spuds or Arseh*les. If you support the club you won't care what division we're in, you'll go anyway. It's called being a supporter.

We all support the club but we have a right to be concerned. We have had two of the worst years in our history. Have an embargo and no manager and can't pay our bills.

It's a bit rich saying that we shouldn't care what division we are in. It took an age to get out of league 2 last time. All that hard work undone by poor managerial choices and allowing them to sign rediculous players on wages we simply can't afford.

Do I support the club? Absolutely
Will I go In league 2? Yes
I am happy about being in league 2? No

We should always strive for promotion whatever league we find ourselves in.

It’s more than just a money issue, as you know.

i don't know anything ...

i was told stuff would come out

then i was told stuff would not come out

so i really do know nothing.

i know nothing except what i see on the football pitch .

unfortunately i am not the manager (would be excellent at it) or chairmaan (new stadium no problem) but do enjoy wasting time on a fan forum ... altho still bitter about my very very very unjust ban ,,

Some on here must have miserable home lifes ,because they come on here to get rid of their frustrations and take it out on us happy supporters .

What do you support the club or a division?

If you can only think about the division f*ck off and support Wet Spam, Spuds or Arseh*les. If you support the club you won't care what division we're in, you'll go anyway. It's called being a supporter.

I support the club regardless what league we are in but I hate the fact that yet again we are in league two, the basement division, the league we've spent most of my supporting years in. It's a crap league. Crap stadiums, crap players and even crappier coverage (it's as if this league doesn't exist by the media etc). I'll continue to go to games and support the boys, doesn't mean I like the league we are in.

IMHO we are extremely fortunate to still have a football club to support. Enjoy it while it lasts I say. COYBB

Yes im happy despite what division we are in,because im sure that eventually all will be sorted out and there will still be a SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB.

Well I'm sorry I don't share your blind optimism.

I like to work with facts like:

We have no squad or not a big enough squad.
We have no manager
We have an embargo
We can't afford bills
We have just had our worst 2 seasons in our history.
Possible face a points deduction.

There is a possibility that we can:

Get planning and start building fossetts.
We could pay off the tax and get out of the embargo.
We could sign a competent manager.
We may start the season with a full squad.

I'd love to believe Ron will sort this shower of **** out, but nothing so far suggest or gives me confidence that he will.

I live in hope but I'm not blind enough to just think that all is well.

I’m leaning towards the thoughts of T2H

As it stands we are nailed on for back to back relegations.

the argument that our young players are better equipped than other clubs doesn't wash with me. we are over estimating their ability to adapt to a whole seasons ups and downs at competitive level.

If we extrapolate last seasons outcome over the next decade then we will be playing Sunday league football in a strip sponsored by an Indian restaurant.

It would get rid of the glory hunters who think we belong in the Championship! Proper football and proper old school grounds. Away attendances of 50 and less. Rainy Tuesday nights in Chorley. Decent pies and pints with the players in the bar. Personally I’ll support us whatever league we’re in but I think we’ll stay up. If we have any players left that is.

Sorry but funny enough the my top 5 games ive watched have all been in the higher leagues with a bouncing stadium and against decent opposition not against Canvey or Rushden and Diamonds im afraid :

Newcastle at home
Man U
Yeovil at home ( for some reason just sticks in my mind )
Chelsea Away
Southampton away when Bale and Kenwyne Jones Schooled us

Sorry but funny enough the my top 5 games ive watched have all been in the higher leagues with a bouncing stadium and against decent opposition not against Canvey or Rushden and Diamonds im afraid :

Newcastle at home
Man U
Yeovil at home ( for some reason just sticks in my mind )
Chelsea Away
Southampton away when Bale and Kenwyne Jones Schooled us

One of my most memorable matches was against Rushden and Diamonds, we were awful for 45 mins, 2-0 down at Roots Hall. Heard one kid crying in the toilet saying he was going home.

Won 4-2, brilliant second half!

(I'm sure someone will tell me that never happened now I've said it's one of my most memorable matches)

What I mean, that our players are not physically strong enough to cope with League 2 side who roll up their sleeves and give us an kicking and rough ya up & beat us on set pieces too.
I'm still convinced that league 2 will generally be a glorified youth division...with a sprinkling of senior players. Col ewe for example just made the play offs...sacked the manager and I believe released a shed load of players. Everyone is so skint they will be leaning on youth. The pandemic has forced a reset of finances for lower leagues. Personally I welcome it hopefully the days of paying the likes of rob kiernan thousands of pounds a week are over.

I'm still convinced that league 2 will generally be a glorified youth division...with a sprinkling of senior players. Col ewe for example just made the play offs...sacked the manager and I believe released a shed load of players. Everyone is so skint they will be leaning on youth. The pandemic has forced a reset of finances for lower leagues. Personally I welcome it hopefully the days of paying the likes of rob kiernan thousands of pounds a week are over.

You say that but Forest Green, Salford and Bolton have already made several signings, all of them are splashing cash around like confetti. I think we might see a significant gap between the haves and the have nots.

I agree that it would be great if the days of players and agents getting fat on big contracts are over, but it seems that is wishful thinking, it will just mean bigger gaps between clubs which of course is what tempts clubs to overspend.

Back