• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Possibly we will be relegated to Non League on this rate ...

I'm still convinced that league 2 will generally be a glorified youth division...with a sprinkling of senior players. Col ewe for example just made the play offs...sacked the manager and I believe released a shed load of players. Everyone is so skint they will be leaning on youth. The pandemic has forced a reset of finances for lower leagues. Personally I welcome it hopefully the days of paying the likes of rob kiernan thousands of pounds a week are over.

Col U made the play offs with a full squad and the full squad played in the play offs. From that only 4 players were released from their first team squad.

not only that they have a pretty healthy academy (until Bolton’s relegation they were the lowest ranked team in the country with a Cat 2 academy) and are high on the list of minutes played by academy products across all four divisions.

They’ve gone public and said they’ll use younger players but I wouldn’t use that as a bench mark for other clubs. Experienced out of contract players are being snapped up by league 2 clubs as we speak....it will be far from a youth league.

One of my most memorable matches was against Rushden and Diamonds, we were awful for 45 mins, 2-0 down at Roots Hall. Heard one kid crying in the toilet saying he was going home.

Won 4-2, brilliant second half!

(I'm sure someone will tell me that never happened now I've said it's one of my most memorable matches)

Boxing Day 2001.

Possibly we will be relegated.
Possibly we will be promoted.
Possibly we will be out of business.
Possibly we will be super funded and a new stadium on the way.
Possibly we will be bought out.
Definitely hindsight will make us all the wiser and some will be able to say I told you so.

possibly we will go through the season undefeated
possibly Barcelona will come in and buy Kelman for 2 million
possibly Real Madrid will offer 1.5 million for Elvis.
But in all probability we will finish just above mid table this season which i will be happy with.

One of my most memorable matches was against Rushden and Diamonds, we were awful for 45 mins, 2-0 down at Roots Hall. Heard one kid crying in the toilet saying he was going home.

Won 4-2, brilliant second half!

(I'm sure someone will tell me that never happened now I've said it's one of my most memorable matches)

One of my favourite games too!

That long ago?! Wow. Think that was bang in the middle of Barrington Belgrave’s scoring streak wasn’t it? If it’s the season I’m thinking of.

Yep if I remember right Belgrave got two Bramble got one and I think Cort got the other.

Just found this, what a great game that was!

Rubbish thread. We're going to tonk everyone and finish up 20points clear. Confidence in football is more than half the battle and some of you lot better man up. Experienced League 1 players, thats how i see us going into League 2 and most teams will end up with 10 men trying to hack our kids down. Good work from Ron, saving the war chest for a manager thats worthy of it. Lets just hope that its the next manger..up the Blues and **** everyone else

Sorry but funny enough the my top 5 games ive watched have all been in the higher leagues with a bouncing stadium and against decent opposition not against Canvey or Rushden and Diamonds im afraid :

Newcastle at home
Man U
Yeovil at home ( for some reason just sticks in my mind )
Chelsea Away
Southampton away when Bale and Kenwyne Jones Schooled us

Two of those were cup games unrelated to the league we were in. If we were to limit it to the league I suspect the names Jupp and Pigott would feature in many people's top 5.

Back