• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone as long as it means that we don't have Phil Brown in charge!

You don't really mean that Ricey, do you? Unpopular though PB is, there are a lot worse options out there available for hire.

You don't really mean that Ricey, do you? Unpopular though PB is, there are a lot worse options out there available for hire.

Wignall.jpg

You beat me to it.

Was going to say that a hip-hop rapper is probably a risky strategy!

Trouble is, like Brown, he Always Stays Too Long and you'll be Prayin' for the club to be Free, even when The Writing's On The Wall.

I'm fed up of it all his ******** and the poor results throughout 2016. Yes he got us promoted and I thank him for that. But he will also be the guy who takes us down! At this moment in time if I knew he would keep us up if even take Steve Evans.

I'm fed up of it all his ******** and the poor results throughout 2016. Yes he got us promoted and I thank him for that. But he will also be the guy who takes us down! At this moment in time if I knew he would keep us up if even take Steve Evans.

I'd rather have Phil Brown's babies than have that slime bag at Roots Hall.

Sadly there are supporters who say the dreadfu 2nd part of last season doesn't count towards whether or not PB should remain at the club bizarrely and choose to ignore them to try and justify him staying.

Its time and has been for a while for PB to go and I am fed up with the whole 'Circus' surrounding him and the poor and often dreadful entertainment his team deliver.

Gareth Ainsworth. I believe he has just about run his course at Wycombe Wanderers and could do with a decent challenge.

Sadly there are supporters who say the dreadfu 2nd part of last season doesn't count towards whether or not PB should remain at the club bizarrely and choose to ignore them to try and justify him staying.

Its time and has been for a while for PB to go and I am fed up with the whole 'Circus' surrounding him and the poor and often dreadful entertainment his team deliver.

No of course last season counts (to me it does) Brown broke the club record for the most loses in a row, nothing to boast about. Brown has too much (from facts I know and just my opinion) going on outside of the club in his private and media life to have full concentration, even if he was a good manager, coach (I don't think he is)

We need a decent manager, and just as important to me a decent coach(s)

Defensive coach: geeeez I've never seen players not jump at set pieces like ours, and the ball watching (and not tracking your man) is currently far worse than Sunday league, they just don't watch their markers all the time.

Striking coach: they are not hitting a barn door, many times a player can get a clear shot, to scared.....passes it to another..shoot on sight is desperately needed.

Silly question, but if the second half of last season counts, then why shouldn't the first half, that got us up to 7th in the league for a number of weeks and with a shout for the play-offs right into April?

The jury is out for me on the future with PB. For some people, he is already convicted and serving his sentence with no right to appeal, but if we are judging whether PB is competent at this level to manage, then two complete seasons is the only fair comparison for me.

Silly question, but if the second half of last season counts, then why shouldn't the first half, that got us up to 7th in the league for a number of weeks and with a shout for the play-offs right into April?

The jury is out for me on the future with PB. For some people, he is already convicted and serving his sentence with no right to appeal, but if we are judging whether PB is competent at this level to manage, then two complete seasons is the only fair comparison for me.

Because the second half of last season and the start of this season is the current form on which he is being judged. Having a terrible run since the middle of last season is hardly deemed irrelevant or less relevant because we were 7th before the rot set in.

I'm undecided whether Brown should go or not at the moment but if the next few results go the way of recent form then I can't see how anyone can say he should stay on any longer without risking the season being dead and buried before making a move.

Because the second half of last season and the start of this season is the current form on which he is being judged

... By those that want him out, by and large.

I wouldn't say losing at home 0-3 to Doncaster in January is current form, any more than beating Bury 4-1 two weeks before that.

This season's form, especially away from home, is poor, but then again our current home form would be 5 wins on the trot if Peterborough hadn't equalized at the death.

The lack of a settled system concerns me greatly, but to suggest we'll definitely get relegated with 34 league matches still to play is a bit premature.

There's quite a few teams in our division, whose current form (last 6 matches) is worse than ours and some whose manager we would have had if he were available, for some :-

Walsall
33%
Peterborough
+1
33%
Southend Utd
83%
Coventry City
33%
Oldham
17%
Chesterfield
67%
Fleetwood
67%
Gillingham
67%
Bolton
0%
Charlton
33%
Swindon Town
50%
Shrewsbury
17%
Millwall
67%

... and the last 10 matches :-

Bolton
20%
Charlton
+2
40%
Fleetwood
60%
Southend Utd
60%
Chesterfield
70%
Milton Keynes
40%
Oldham
20%
Walsall
40%
Coventry City
30%
Swindon Town
40%
Shrewsbury
50%
Millwall
80%
Gillingham
70%

Last edited:
LOL ... :smile:

Derby County are nuts!

BTW, Having said all that, above, I'd have Powelly/AB/Maher as a combo down here tomorrow!

Brown OUT!!!

He's going to say that, though, so he gets paid off if McLaren says no!

Think CP would be better away from Steve ... maybe somewhere in south essex..:smile::smile::smile::smile:

I think you are probably spot on there. Why on earth would he want to remain involved in a Championship club set-up with regular 5 figure gates regularly touted as Premiership contenders. Surely he can see the merits of a seaside life style with shares in Fossetts Farm.

Oh I say, surely not. Things can't be that bad. Please God not him:smile:

Back