• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post purgatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that for the fourth time?

Not sure 'BarryC'.

He gets into spats due to baiting and the like and gets moderated whilst it calms down. I know that a second person is also on moderation at the moment.

Think it's just a chill-out period, as it was before.

Is he, I didn't know that?

Yep, I queried why certain posters seem to have their posts delayed on a particular thread and it was explained to me.

It's also the reason why he can't "like" any posts at the moment.

He is on moderated posts at the moment, so you might have to wait.
Hasn’t he been on moderated lists before, some people just make the same mistake again and again, but that’s enough about brown. I miss rigsbys match reports

Hasn’t he been on moderated lists before, some people just make the same mistake again and again, but that’s enough about brown. I miss rigsbys match reports

Think the problem is 'united' that Rigsby is the type to react and get into an exchange of views and so people knowing that like to bait him, as has already happened on this thread today.

He then reacts, someone reports that there's an argument on a thread and a moderator steps in.

It's a repetitive cycle, which is sad as, like you say, he actually posts a hell of a lot of good stuff and has "likes" in excess of 4,500 so obviously the vast majority aren't offended.

Think the problem is 'united' that Rigsby is the type to react and get into an exchange of views and so people knowing that like to bait him, as has already happened on this thread today.

He then reacts, someone reports that there's an argument on a thread and a moderator steps in.

It's a repetitive cycle, which is sad as, like you say, he actually posts a hell of a lot of good stuff and has "likes" in excess of 4,500 so obviously the vast majority aren't offended.

It's usually in the politics forum that he crosses the line, is there not a way to just moderate him on that forum but not the others?

It's usually in the politics forum that he crosses the line, is there not a way to just moderate him on that forum but not the others?

It's the baiting that's the problem, half the time.

Granted, he has a posting style that rubs people up the wrong way, but way too often, for me, people deliberately bait him, like they did with MrsBlue.

He does come out with some worthwhile post, but then lets himself down when he belittles other posters, as if there post are of no consequence, and that can be annoying

He does come out with some worthwhile post, but then lets himself down when he belittles other posters, as if there post are of no consequence, and that can be annoying

I agree 'turkishm'.

It's a posting style issue rather than a content one, hence why he rubs certain posters up the wrong way.

In general, he doesn't post offensively and certainly adds to most debates.

I don’t know if people bait him or not, I do know he is the type to change the focus of an exchange instead of admitting he is wrong Or giving a proper reply. He is a grown man, and you shouldn’t feel the need to defend him , he does enough himself to wind up others- something you seem to miss. Also you dont know how many he offends, you are purely guessing ( something ironically Rigsby is good at picking up on).

This is the official match thread for Wimbledon Fc vs Southend United. It's not a discussion thread on the current predicament of an individual Zone poster. Can we now stick to the match comments. Thanks.

This is the official match thread for Wimbledon Fc vs Southend United. It's not a discussion thread on the current predicament of an individual Zone poster. Can we now stick to the match comments. Thanks.

I often wonder why these threads aren't closed an hour or so after the end of a match....seems to me that would solve this problem, lol!

I often wonder why these threads aren't closed an hour or so after the end of a match....seems to me that would solve this problem, lol!
Because if we didn't go the game were not supposed to post on the Match Reports and Ratings thread.

OBL - Well it started during the game and included responses on the subject from yourself so RHB has a fair point

100% agree.

Same applies for the Match ratings thread that always goes off topic.

Quite frankly it gets on my tits.

It can't be that difficult for other members to start another thread to discuss "other" current issues from today, without taking a different thread completely off topic.

I don’t know if people bait him or not, I do know he is the type to change the focus of an exchange instead of admitting he is wrong Or giving a proper reply. He is a grown man, and you shouldn’t feel the need to defend him , he does enough himself to wind up others- something you seem to miss. Also you dont know how many he offends, you are purely guessing ( something ironically Rigsby is good at picking up on).

Fair comment 'united'.

I don't defend him, as such. What I do defend is people who get banned and moderated on here. I don't believe in it, unless it is for severe reasons. I've not seen anything to warrant some of the bans, for him, MrsBlue, Rusty, Chocolardo, Ironshrimper and others. They just have a posting style that offends some. Those offended people give as good as they get and often spark the exchanges, though.

I like all posters on here, for differing reasons, and can sift through the posts I don't like or comment on them, as I have done recently, but others have to challenge these and they are the ones who get themselves in hot water.

There's plenty of baiting and trolling by some on here, which I see and it's let go. I've had it myself. Certain people's cards are marked.

The easiest solution is to poll it, I think. Poll the forum regarding those that are banned/moderated. If people want "freedom of speech" so much, let the people decide. The donators and contributors to this great site.

A few months ago, if you were a guest from another club and logged on here, you'd think everyone on here hated PB, yet when a poll was conducted, they were in a 1 in 4 minority. A few posts on a subject often aren't how the majority feel. Just how I see it....

Ps, Apologies 'RHB'. I read United's post and replied, before continuing to read the rest of the thread, where you subsequently posted. I expect this will be deleted, in which case, let me know and I'll PM 'united'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back