• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News *POSTPONED* Southend Utd vs Cambridge Utd 21st November 2020 15:00hrs FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think Cambridge are helping matters with the, to my mind, inflammatory headline on their OS
“GAME OFF – SOUTHEND UNITED UNABLE TO FIELD A TEAM”

Although factually correct, it doesn’t mention Coronavirus as the reason why at any point in the article which is probably why some of their fans are kicking off.

My son has been told to self isolate for 14 days as he was in contact with someone at school who has a positive test. Strangely my daughter who is the same year doesn’t but she wasn’t in contact with that person. Only if he shows symptoms do we all have to self isolate.

Im not sure how it’s been working in football though as they’ve had numerous positive tests and they just take the player out. The Scunthorpe thing was strange, was it numerous players? Maybe there is a magic number of 3 or 4 and then it’s safer to make the team self isolate and postpone their games.

My son had the virus two months ago yet still has to self isolate for two weeks because he was in contact with another child who tested positive.

I thin someone posted earlier that 2 of our first team players were positive

So what are Cambridge actually saying. They are almost hinting that If they had players testing positive they would have kept quiet and played the game.

The only thing that needs clearing up is whether teams are sticking to the rules.
Cancelling is the current law of the land, not that that will stop some from having their normal Saturday rants.

The EFL can confirm that this afternoon’s Sky Bet League Two fixture between Southend United and Cambridge United has been suspended.

The League received notification from Southend United late last night that the Club will be unable to fulfil the fixture and the circumstances will now be the subject of investigation in accordance with EFL Regulations.

A revised date for the rearranged fixture will be confirmed in due course.

The EFL can confirm that this afternoon’s Sky Bet League Two fixture between Southend United and Cambridge United has been suspended.

The League received notification from Southend United late last night that the Club will be unable to fulfil the fixture and the circumstances will now be the subject of investigation in accordance with EFL Regulations.

Excellent, those 3 points we got last weekend will be wiped off with possibly more then.

Oh, an investigation. Great, well we always come out well under those well. Can they do it fast, and if they think we can play, then can we play? We are going to be punished, no doubt about it in my mind. Southend all over...

Bringing up Dobbin's name in relation to this fixture being cancelled is a bloody disgrace. That bloke wants a good ear bashing.

I don't get their anger - we've surely only followed EFL guidelines. Yes, it's frustrating but it's the times we live in.

Im going to be honest I’m getting fed up of his name being mentioned with us! It’s very sad what happened but it wasn’t at Roots Hall or during the game it was an incident outside of the game and away from the ground. The sooner Cambridge go into a different league the better. I dread to think what the next Cambridge v Southend game with live fans will be like especially after this!

Now why would Ron risk winding up the EFL further, not like he’s got any point to make.
I think that the late hour the game was called off has particularly annoyed Cambridge fans. It did come from nowhere!

Bringing up Dobbin's name in relation to this fixture being cancelled is a bloody disgrace. That bloke wants a good ear bashing.

I don't get their anger - we've surely only followed EFL guidelines. Yes, it's frustrating but it's the times we live in.
A lot of bad feeling coming out from Cambridge fans on the Internet not helped by their football clubs release questioning the cancellation.
Really give up when some of the hatred scum comments comes from parents who on their accounts have young families.....great example for the kids

Hi everyone,

Cambridge fan here. Only signed up last night to read the comments, but thought I would post now as our fans have become the topic!

I think the reaction has been so bad, in part, because there’s naff all else to do with an afternoon with the game called off. Because we’ve been doing so well, and with every match on iFollow, it’s pretty deflating not to have a game to watch. If we weren’t in lockdown I don’t think it would be half as disappointing - it’s pent up frustration with the whole situation I think. Doesn’t excuse the absolute nonsense by some bringing up Simon Dobbin - but idiots will always be idiots unfortunately.

We’ll all need to wait for details to emerge, but the Southend statement definitely reads like Covid wasn’t the main reason for the suspension. I don’t know what the EFL regulations are, or if the EFL will even stick to them anyway, so will have to wait for them to decide if it was correct to call it off or not.

Regardless of any of this I hope you pull through financially. I can remember how awful it was around 2005 when we very nearly went out of business - I wouldn’t wish it on any club. If you do go down try to enjoy the non-league experience, but also try and get out of it quicker than we did!

Something not right here - we've mentioned COVID but also mentioned injuries. I suspect a point deduction will follow. If Cambridge had released that statement, I'd certainly want something done about it.

I agree. Why mention our injured players? It's totally unnecessary. If two of our players have tested positive for Covid 19 then it's highly likely that others have caught the virus from them and are currently infectious without realising it. Our statement shoots us in the foot and is either the result of a thoughtless rushed email in an honest attempt to inform Cambridge as soon as possible, or......it's plain stupidity.

Back