• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential Weymouth players

Just as well fleetwood didnt say that about Vardy or Palace about Wright. There are gems to be had in lower leagues. WHilst we do need some players with experience the lower leagues are also a good area to look for some unearthed talent.
Im sure i mentioned freddy Eastwood?

Just as well fleetwood didnt say that about Vardy or Palace about Wright. There are gems to be had in lower leagues. WHilst we do need some players with experience the lower leagues are also a good area to look for some unearthed talent.
Mark Bentley wasnt so bad .

The bloke must be off his head to come here
He must have some Ron bull**** in his ear

Few and far between, but thats not to say its impossible to find good players. Off the top of my head... you mention Eastwood, but we've had Gower, Flahavan, Bentley, Coker - thats 5, probably tonnes more I've forgotten.

So you cant just say non league players lack quality.

Goodship at times showed he was hanging with the level at League 1 and you'd expect him to better this year.

Nicky Bailey, Ryan Hall, Clohessy, Che Wilson...

It’s actually hard to think of the duds. Even the likes of Mitchell Cole, Sam Barratt, Charlie McDonald, Gary Hooper who werent (or haven’t yet been) successes offered a little something. Of the outright misses I can only think of Craig Reid in recent years.

So are we to assume that MM has been shown PROOF that outstanding monies have been paid and the embargo lifted and money is available for new players?.......Otherwise whats the point of risking what looks to be a bright future for a highly regarded young manager.

For every non league winner there are many hundreds of failures it is a big leap over a full season of 46 games playing league two footy. Many of these lads look impressive in 2-3 cup games against league oppo, but it is a very different story when you are doing that 40 odd times a season. I think you are better off with established league two players, but be carefull who you sign, injuries can be a problem once they reach their mid 30's.

A manager who knows his way around the national leagues and has come across diamonds there will be a great asset. He will have good contacts there. No more players at the end of their careers...but those who can grow and develop under good management and coaches. Exciting days ahead...and can you imagine the size of the transfer thread now we will have to include national leagues???

So are we to assume that MM has been shown PROOF that outstanding monies have been paid and the embargo lifted and money is available for new players?.......Otherwise whats the point of risking what looks to be a bright future for a highly regarded young manager.

That's more likely to be the delay and why he hasn't signed yet.

Back