• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
IF we managed to win the JPT at wembley and get to play chelski at home coupled with promotion , would that constitute our best ever season?

Its like a bizzare treble of promotion jpt and big cup draw and they dont come bigger than the european champions.

Obviously the flip side is we lost to orient and fall just short of wembley to a rival , we get beat by brentford and miss out on chelsea and fall short of promotion AGAIN.

Either way this season is shaping up into a very eventful one.

I really hope this is.

I have a terrible feeling that we have overstretched ourselves and the distractions of both cup runs will come back to haunt us.

Lets hope I am very, very wrong.

I've got a feeling the next two are very big in seeing how the rest of our season pans out. If we win both, we could be 3rd in the league and have a massive FA Cup tie. Although, if we lose both, we could even drop to 10th and again have a dream cup tie snatched away from us.

Hard not to get carried away, but it shows how quickly things can change. Before the Burton game, we were talking about potentially being a couple of points behind Gillingham, but now (about 2 weeks later), we are 11 points behind them.

Can't say it is not exciting though!!

Beating Brentford and getting to play Chelsea would be great in many ways ( kudos , financial etc ) , but no real shame if we lost the replay ( away to a strong League 1 side ).
But not beating Orient and missing out on Wembley......................now that would hurt like mad

Well, we need to focus on the league as a priority. I expect the financial benefits of winning promotion both short and long term would outweigh JPT success and a home tie against Chelski. Not to mention the "step up" in the caliber of player we might be able to attract assuming the work at FF is also under way....

Despite our cup exploits, you can't deny that our league form is beginning to slide and we need to address that immediately. If we lose to Borient and crash out of the JPT and then the dust settles after losing to Chelski (or even Brentford which is a fair possibility at worst), we could open our eyes and realize that we're in no better shape than any of the last few seasons.

Didn't we say this last season when we were top of the table, had a trip to Liverpool on the cards and were in the late stages of the JPT with a Wembley appearance beckoning?

We could get to Wembley 3 times in a season, that would be cool :smile:

Ah yes, I forgot about the devalued Wembley semis. Maybe we will lose to someone nondescript like Wigan after beating Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City in the preceding rounds.

I don't wish to see Man Utd in a competitive fixture again in my lifetime.....Our record against them is something I would never want to risk!

Back