• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell, Brown & Campbell?

Would he? Lowe's family are still in the North West, why hasn't Lowe moved nearer Plymouth? Alot of folk think we're a basket case with no money, but from what I've heard we have some wealthy backers behind us.

Plenty of clubs have wealthy backers, doesn’t always mean they’re willing to pile their money into a club.

Plenty of clubs have wealthy backers, doesn’t always mean they’re willing to pile their money into a club.
Sweeping generalisation but most people in business with money have it because they are good at NOT spending it, not the opposite,

I’d drive Campbell myself up to the Reebok or whatever its called. Another ego maniac like sunbed Brown. Someone like Evatt or Stephen Reid would be a good appointment ,i wouldn’t ming either of them for us. Maybe a forward looking German coach. The 3 ex bosses are yesterdays men

Campbell wouldn't go down well with us Bolton fans tbh, his odds are low due to his connection with our head of football Tobias Phoenix. Evatt, Ricketts and Lowe are the fans choice.

Campbell wouldn't go down well with us Bolton fans tbh, his odds are low due to his connection with our head of football Tobias Phoenix. Evatt, Ricketts and Lowe are the fans choice.

All three would be a better, likeable and cheaper choice than Campbell.

All three would be a better, likeable and cheaper choice than Campbell.

- I am a really big Sol fan .. based on how we were playing with the youngsers and based on how he just kept quiet and got on with the job.

i thought he brought in a greater level of professionalism and fitness to the club

i like the way he kept out of the press and did not moan.

I thought he dealt with the issues in the squad and built a youthful vibrant team

of recent mamagers - Powell, Bond, Waddock - he showed more inspiration working zero resources than the others.

his focus and intent was always seemed to be 100% on preparing the team.

There does seem to a strong element in our fanbase who don't llike him - but not sure why.

He coached the team loudly and assertively throughout games. His coachng team of Hreiderson and fitness man Colbert were up to the job.

If things don't work out at Southend i would expect him to do well in another situation.

I hope he stay and builds an exciting young team around some of the talent we saw comng through last season - Gard, Hutchinson, Kelman, Philips, Clifford, Kinali, Elvis, Mitchell-M, Rush, Egbri - not all will make itbut some did not lookthat far off ..

With all the COViD chaos and finacial meltdown it might be the case that it all falls apart but if there was a way of moving forward with Sol I would look forward to the season with optimism and expectation ..

Regardless of whether it’s to do with furlough blah blah blah! There is no harm in the odd message or zoom call to check on their welfare. You want the lads to respect you and play for you after you’ve had no contact with them for 3 months. That’s just not acceptable in any line of work!

Regardless of whether it’s to do with furlough blah blah blah! There is no harm in the odd message or zoom call to check on their welfare. You want the lads to respect you and play for you after you’ve had no contact with them for 3 months. That’s just not acceptable in any line of work!

Agreed. My apprentice is on furlough, and I have been contacting him every 2-3 weeks. Just a 5-10min chat to see if everything is OK and if there is any HR/furlough issues he may need my help with.

Pre-lockdown, I've been happy with Campbell (not much he could do, but there was an improvement), but i can't see any excuse for not keeping in touch with the squad after football stopped.

Absolutely agree - it really feels like he is just not connected with our club or team. I cannot imagine the likes of Tilly, Brown or Powell not bothering to check on how everyone is doing. If he has been furloughed and wants out then he and Ron need to get talking asap.

I do think Chris is upset at Campbell .

It must be a difficult situation for both of them.. Chris is used to a direct line to the SUFC manager and I am sure Campbell is very wary of journalists ... of course local journos feed the nationals at evey opportunity ...

Pure Speculation and maybe all these reports about Sol not doing anythijng are true - but we don't actually know who speaks to who and when .. by phone or email ... and of course MM might have been hung out to dry and maybe RM is working alone on Gard and the squad

I am just pointing out alternative view before I wake up and find out Campbell - my hero - has signed for Col U and taken all our kids with him ...

Campbell didn't talk to most of the team anyway before lockdown or furlough... Not really a surprise he continued in that way! I believe the most he talked to players was when needing to often re-explain the weird coaching routines that didn't work.

I remember when RK was a name linked to our club. He would have upset loads of players, but I think they would have upped their game. There's no hiding place if you don't perform.

Do we know what Sols contract length or terms were with us?

Wouldn't surprise me if Ron is hoping that Sol goes as we clearly can't afford him and his team and he probably doesn't want to have to make that decision

Barrett and Tilly seems the best option for us considering the mess were in.Just hope they would want it

Back