• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell, Brown & Campbell?

Do we know what Sols contract length or terms were with us?

Wouldn't surprise me if Ron is hoping that Sol goes as we clearly can't afford him and his team and he probably doesn't want to have to make that decision

Barrett and Tilly seems the best option for us considering the mess were in.Just hope they would want it

People need to stop going on about Barrett. It's not happening

Why are you so sure?

FWIW, I think when Sol goes, Craig Fagan will be installed as manager.

Well for a start he's their assistant so they must think well of him.

He'd cost money to get as they'd not release him (money we don't have) and it would be a big step down for him.

He'd cost money to get as they'd not release him (money we don't have) and it would be a big step down for him.

Only interim because they allowed their current assistant to speak to a club about a job. Doesn’t mean he will be the new permanent assistant.

Fair do’s.

I think if the opportunity arose, he’d jump at the chance to come here & be the number one. There’s no question of that in my mind.

Whether it’s the right move for him or not is entirely debatable though.

Two and a half year contract if I remember correctly.
If so ,even more of a reason Ron's probably hoping someone poaches him.
Our only selling point to any decent manager will be a possible FF bonus.
Brown always said how difficult it was to sell the club to prospective players due to location and towns image.Given Ron's record on payment can we really expect anymore than a desperate bog standard name with no affinity to the club.

I remember when RK was a name linked to our club. He would have upset loads of players, but I think they would have upped their game. There's no hiding place if you don't perform.

Awlful manager, whos ego would not last five minutes.

Anyone else who wrote about the Alf Haaland incident would be shunned or jailed,man is just a loud mouthed bully, who cannot accept times have moved on from his playing days

Always sounds a bitter man, and you wonder why he has not got another job in football, perhaps he should take a long hard look in the mirror and knock those chips off his shoulder he carries to every match he watches

Awlful manager, whos ego would not last five minutes.

Anyone else who wrote about the Alf Haaland incident would be shunned or jailed,man is just a loud mouthed bully, who cannot accept times have moved on from his playing days

Always sounds a bitter man, and you wonder why he has not got another job in football, perhaps he should take a long hard look in the mirror and knock those chips off his shoulder he carries to every match he watches

If he does knock those chips of his shoulder let’s hope they land on our CMs .... and our CBS.... Keeper and a number 9 with some attitude would be nice as well......

I can’t be the only one who has left far to many of our games with a Roy Keane feeling towards our own players.

If he does knock those chips of his shoulder let’s hope they land on our CMs .... and our CBS.... Keeper and a number 9 with some attitude would be nice as well......

I can’t be the only one who has left far to many of our games with a Roy Keane feeling towards our own players.

That was the reason I posted it. I have never seen so many players putting in half a shift the last 2 seasons, or not doing their job, since first watching Southend. Some really did need a kick up the a. But then I also get the replies about Roy Keane.

Anyway, getting back to the original question, I would never want Phil Brown near the club again. The way he led the team out at Wembley instead of Paul Sturrock. Even tho it was promised to Paul. Then Paul being the man he was, offered to tell PB about our players, where not to play them, what style for these players had got them to the final, etc, etc, because Paul was desperate for our club and the team he built to win. PB was not interested. Paul said I will leave you with this one bit of advice then, play Bilel anywhere but centre midfield. PB plays him centre midfield (probably because told not to, in spite, or to prove something) and Bilel had an absolute nightmare. Mark Phillips was promised a place in the final if he played through the pain with a broken toe in the second leg area final against Orient. He had a great game. PB came in, took an instant dislike to Mark Phillips, and told him he's not playing as the promise means nothing to him. PB then doesn't pick the strongest team available, and with Bilel in his worst position, the team was set up wrong and with the wrong tactics, and within 20 minutes, it was clear we would not be lifting The Johnstone's Paint Trophy. PB had more special treatment for Mark Phillips. Mark was desperately ill at home. PB ordered him in to training. After training Mark became worse almost passing out. The club doctor ordered him straight to hospital, where Mark was put on a drip. Players have said that if Phil liked you, you would get endless praise and special treatment, if he didn't like you, it was the complete opposite.

Never go back/return imho, especially as a manager. I know David Webb was successful for us in multiple spells (it will be interesting to see how Luton do under Nathan Jones' return).

Rumours doing the rounds that Bolton have activated Evatt’s release clause which is in the region of £145k.

Back