• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell Out Now

Chris in or out.

• Total voters
That's very disappointing to hear. One of you mods said it's just taken down temporarily to let people calm down and for personal abuse to stop. I understood and agreed with the calm down period, but not now banning it completely. I've only started posting in the politics thread for about the last year because there's so much to talk about at the moment. I also liked it because I learnt so much from those more knowledgeable than me. Going by that you might have to ban the shrimpers chit chat threads, especially after a loss. There's just as much nasty disagreement and personal attacks, a few in these Chris Powell threads. I would have understood if you brought the politics thread back and things carried on as bad as they were, then fair enough if you closed it down permanent. It was only a small number of posters that were causing all the trouble.
I hear you @THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK but as RHB has said, the Owners and Moderators have collectively taken the decision now to kill the Politics forum. It was toxic to this great Football Forum and caused a number of good quality posters to leave the forum.

Yes, it is disappointing but the decision has been taken and that ship has sailed. There are plenty of places people can discuss politics, but we're not having it continue to ruin this forum. Feel free to PM if you want to discuss this further, but this is a Chris Powell thread.

We also need to keep threads to a minimum and discussion focused. Currently we have way too many threads on Powell. Including an in and an out. Anyone posting on the wrong thread could be re-directed to the correct one and their post deleted from the wrong one. Just for continuity.
On that point, I do agree. It's definitely a little out of hand but with so many strong views and so many posts in the last few days, it was appropriate to give it some leeway. Normal service will resume soon enough.

MO, SBH.

Good example was just now, where JTSB had to re-post the same post from earlier, so it was on both threads about CP. I know it's not easy as things drift off-topic and we all have a responsibility to post on the right thread. The Match Report and Ratings should just be about the match itself and the TV highlights about the action shown, but these also descend into a CP out debate.

I'm not a politics buff, but given the current situation, it should be re-opened as a channel of discussion.

Also, blueron, I feel the same way as you. As long as debate is healthy and honest, respecting other viewpoints and not having people individually being called out and questioned for their opinion, then we have a great forum here.

We also need to keep threads to a minimum and discussion focused. Currently we have way too many threads on Powell. Including an in and an out. Anyone posting on the wrong thread could be re-directed to the correct one and their post deleted from the wrong one. Just for continuity.

The Politics Forum will never be open again on here.

I'll take that as a maybe, John. :Winking: :Smile:

Fair comment. Personally, I'm not too bothered. Can't stand politics myself.

Back