• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell Out Now

Chris in or out.

• Total voters
Should have gone a couple of weeks ago before the last 2 ....6 pointer games .To lose today to a very poor side and look the inferior team has to be the final nail

Anyone backing him now for the pure and simple fact they liked him as a player is just cringeworthy tbh

Where is Powell's passion? He stood like a tailors dummy today, completely impassive. The more the game ground on the further he retreated closer to the dug-out. It was if he was trying to hide.

Difficult to see a way out of this for him. I don’t want to sack him as I genuinely think next season will be a different matter. But I think we’re going down unless we make a change and for that reason the chairman will act. I suspect it’s one of those situations where whoever takes over will get a bounce and keep us up. I’d take Martin Allen until the end of the season and review it from there.

Jesus CP sounds depressed on BBC Essex...I don't see as that helps at all.....Get some fire in you man..

The players are depressed....FFS

Had we won today, we would be in 12th position,which just shows how tight the situation is for half of league 1 therefore it is quite feasible that we pick up enough points to stay up, especially with our goal difference worth a point at the moment.
Having said that, this was a deplorable performance with a certain inevitability about the result as a result of the team selection, which once again underlined Powell's essentially defensive and negative mindset. Playing the bottom team, he selects only one striker, packs the bench with defenders and delays substitutions for nearly ten minutes after they scored. Stubbornly chooses players who are either well past their best, out of form or not fully fit to the exclusion of a clutch of promising youngsters who must be wondering what they have to do to get in or stay in the side.
The hoofball Powell favours is dreadful to watch and will drive crowds away even if we survive, which I hope and believe we will.

Powell out now! Legend as a player, great guy and unlucky but totally uninspiring Manager, tactically inept and far too risk adverse...

We have one roll of the dice left to maintain our League One status and that is to sack Powell and his entire back room staff and give someone else ago.

It needs someone to inspire and spark the team....

There really is only one Adam Barrett!
Barrett would be a terrible choice. What we need right now is someone that will install belief in the squad. McLaughlin, Coker and White are the only players left that were in the squad prior to the season Barrett retired.

Barrett might be passionate but most of the squad either don't have a clue who he is or remember him as the guy Brown kicked out of the club a few months after they arrived. A no name manager with no experience isn't going to make the squad suddenly believe in themselves no matter how much of a local legend he is.

I've secretly never been keen on him as a manager but today concretes my choice to click on the our option of poll. Sorry Chris - Take a few weeks away somewhere before we move from the Powell Out brigade to the hate Powell lynch mob

No post match comments from Chris - it’s not looking good for him is it? Lovely guy, loves the club, but it’s really not worked this year has it

Not sure hate is the right word mate
He will always be welcome to The Hall but as a fan
Similar ex player Peter Taylor awlful time when boss but positive to see at the ground

No post match comments from Chris - it’s not looking good for him is it? Lovely guy, loves the club, but it’s really not worked this year has it

Good getting bored of his repetitive rubbish.

Had we won today, we would be in 12th position,which just shows how tight the situation is for half of league 1 therefore it is quite feasible that we pick up enough points to stay up, especially with our goal difference worth a point at the moment.
Having said that, this was a deplorable performance with a certain inevitability about the result as a result of the team selection, which once again underlined Powell's essentially defensive and negative mindset. Playing the bottom team, he selects only one striker, packs the bench with defenders and delays substitutions for nearly ten minutes after they scored. Stubbornly chooses players who are either well past their best, out of form or not fully fit to the exclusion of a clutch of promising youngsters who must be wondering what they have to do to get in or stay in the side.
The hoofball Powell favours is dreadful to watch and will drive crowds away even if we survive, which I hope and believe we will.

It isn't about league position - who cares if you are 12th when you are still 3 points above the relegation zone?

May aswell give him to the end of the season just to make sure he fully cements our place in league 2.....

Decent

Back