• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell Out Now

Chris in or out.

• Total voters
It isn't about league position - who cares if you are 12th when you are still 3 points above the relegation zone?

It’s completely about league position! Points are irrelevant if other teams are between you and 4th bottom!!

It’s completely about league position! Points are irrelevant if other teams are between you and 4th bottom!!
You are misunderstanding the point of my initial response.
What I said was that being 12th means nothing if you are hovering above the relegation zone by a couple of points or on goal difference.
Yes, obviously at the end of the season we want to be anywhere outside the bottom four, but mentioning 12th as if it is some lofty position when the entire half of the table is separated by a gnat's chuff is of no relevance at all at this time.

I get what you’re saying but if there are teams between you and 4th bottom the sequence of results that need to go against you particularly when they have to play each other massively affects the chances of being relegated as opposed to being the same amount of points away but sitting 5th bottom...

I get what you’re saying but if there are teams between you and 4th bottom the sequence of results that need to go against you particularly when they have to play each other massively affects the chances of being relegated as opposed to being the same amount of points away but sitting 5th bottom...
Funny, cos it didn't take us long to go from 14th to 20th. Precisely seven days and two games. Given the fact that there are 8 games left, being 12th but 3 points off a relegation spot would not fill me with confidence. The way the teams are grouped so tightly together this season it is all about POINTS and not about position, until about two games from home, so Sherif is right.

But if it can change that quickly one way then it can change as quickly the other...

The idea is to finish above a certain amount of teams it’s not to reach a point target! The points target is completely arbitary changing from season to season, factually only the bottom four are relegated no matter how many points they have

"Why one up top at home to bottom club
Why Dr with four mins" or...

One forward again at home.

Waiting until 87 minutes to bring on an attacking midfielder? He's not Roy Of The Rovers!

I've been supporting since 1966 but I'm losing heart, I really am. Who have we next at home? I'm not sure I care, to be honest. I don't blame the players today but so defensive. You'd think it was a two legged game and we'd won 4-0 away! :Sorry::Sad::Cry:

Ron backs his man, his always done that. Last season he waited 1 or 2 games too long and we missed out on playoffs. This season I fear he may have done the same. These last two games were our chance and with a new manager, someone who could come in and say to these player show me your worth, see them with a fresh pair of eyes and maybe have a new idea or two...

1 or 2 games...

But if it can change that quickly one way then it can change as quickly the other...

The idea is to finish above a certain amount of teams it’s not to reach a point target! The points target is completely arbitary changing from season to season, factually only the bottom four are relegated no matter how many points they have
But your first paragraph is confirming what I am saying...things can change from one week to the next.
Looking at next weekend's fixtures, it is conceivable, although unlikely, for Plymouth to drop from 12th to a relegation position of 21st. (I have checked for teams at the bottom playing each other)
Doesn't this suggest that points relative to other sides, is far more important than current position?

But your first paragraph is confirming what I am saying...things can change from one week to the next.
Looking at next weekend's fixtures, it is conceivable, although unlikely, for Plymouth to drop from 12th to a relegation position of 21st. (I have checked for teams at the bottom playing each other)
Doesn't this suggest that points relative to other sides, is far more important than current position?

No!!! It confirms that league position is more relevant and will always be!!!

The more teams involved the more the variables and the more complex the math becomes for it to happen

No!!! It confirms that league position is more relevant and will always be!!!

The more teams involved the more the variables and the more complex the math becomes for it to happen
You're on your own on this one mate. Thought at one point I could see where you were coming from, but realise now you are talking nonsense.

Ron backs his man, his always done that. Last season he waited 1 or 2 games too long and we missed out on playoffs. This season I fear he may have done the same. These last two games were our chance and with a new manager, someone who could come in and say to these player show me your worth, see them with a fresh pair of eyes and maybe have a new idea or two...

1 or 2 games...

He does, and he gets a plan B set before he sacks anyone. I don't think Ron will sack CP and his team as there is over 15 months left on their contracts and getting someone right in with what we have to play with would be hard.
I think Keen or the other silent man may go.

You're on your own on this one mate. Thought at one point I could see where you were coming from, but realise now you are talking nonsense.

Who are you to say I’m on my own?

League position is always more important than points total! I know from day one which league position is safe and that never changes from day 1 to final day.....the points required to stay up is variable and not known until the last knockings.

You tell me the exact points needed to stay up and I’ll tell you the exact league position needed and we’ll see who’s closer....

I’ll go for 5th bottom as defo safe.....over to you...

Back