• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell staying

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
Tweeted a few minutes ago by Chris Phillips.

Dire news if true - full story to follow apparently.

Full story now at post 42.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen that - RM is known for sticking by his managers.
Be interested to read the full story mind although to be honest none of us actually knows what goes on behind closed doors

Got to be a financial decision, as he got rid of Brown after losing less matches. Bizarre.

I know we’re all hurting and there are specific criticisms people have, but if the club stick by Chris then we need to as well. It’s in all our interests that we stay up and if Chris is here for that journey we need to do our bit as fans to try to lift the atmosphere - at games and away from them. We need to try to trust and believe.

Ron Martin: “I met with Chris and all his coaching staff at length on Sunday morning and I continue to fully support all of them."

Ron: "We have a great group of players that are professional and dedicated and with eight games to go now is not the time for either me or supporters of the club to be on Chris’ or the players' back."

Ron: "To encourage as much of that support as possible I will subsidise free coach travel to Peterborough next week."

Everyone just get yourselves down to Peterborough on Saturday we are in the **** forget the management situation just support the club we all love

Everyone just get yourselves down to Peterborough on Saturday we are in the **** forget the management situation just support the club we all love
To be fair, the fans support the club in numbers every week home and away but we get nothing from the players. I trust the fans to turn up - I don't trust the players or management to do their jobs.

Ron: "Chris is very tactically aware but for a host of reasons Chris’ preferred pattern of play has not been available to him."

He is smoking crack

To be fair, the fans support the club in numbers every week home and away but we get nothing from the players. I trust the fans to turn up - I don't trust the players or management to do their jobs.

This is fair enough mate - but I really think it’s absolute dreamland if you think a change of manager would keep us up with 8 games to go.

Poor decision. This will come back to bite Ron I fear. I hope I’m wrong, I hope Chris keeps us up and then works wonders next season.. I’ll be the first to come on here and hold my hand up and admit I was wrong but I just don’t see it. Would love to know what Chris said to Ron to convince him he should stay.. we need some of that positive talk for the players Chris.

Free coach travel obviously cheaper than getting rid of Powell and his backups, but much more costly if we go down. I wonder on what basis Martin thinks things will change over the last 8 games?

This is fair enough mate - but I really think it’s absolute dreamland if you think a change of manager would keep us up with 8 games to go.

Why are you so ultra confident that keeping this management team will see us fair any better?
Prey tell me exactly what you have seen in our performances home and away to give you such unwavering confidence?

Back