• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell staying

5 days a week I want Powell to be the manager for the next ten years. He seems like such a top bloke.
Then Saturday comes and we're crap.
But sacking him and bringing someone else in is no guarantee of anything

Last edited:
Ron wont get rid , He'll take the chance on CP getting us back up next year.
Ours and the clubs loss. nothing we can do about it.
Move on.

5 days a week I want Powell to be the manager for the next ten years. He seems like such a top bloke.
Then Saturday comes and we're crap.
But sacking him and bringing someone else in is no guarantee of anything

Nice guy = shouldn’t be sacked
Done well at Charlton = shouldn’t be sacked

Anyone got anything to go from on his actual management in his time here?

Our last 15 games have us in worse form than Brown and Sturrock over their respective last 15 games. We are going backwards

Nice guy = shouldn’t be sacked
Done well at Charlton = shouldn’t be sacked

Anyone got anything to go from on his actual management in his time here?

Our last 15 games have us in worse form than Brown and Sturrock over their respective last 15 games. We are going backwards

How about the form he got us into, from the back half of last season?

You know, where we W9, D5 and L4.

Those victories included significant victories over Wigan & Pompey (where are they now)

Albeit, back then, we he had a full strength squad available, and was able to pick a balanced, consistent XI.

Put simply. he hasn’t gone to bed one night, and woken up a **** manager the next day, and forgotten what to do.

Granted he looks jaded, and this is probably taking a toll on him. It would do, all of us.

Last edited:
@GBJ I really, really want him to do well, he is a lovely bloke but I can't get away from the clueless substitutions, week in, week out and the lack of desire.

I wouldn't say the substitutions were clueless. Kelman was a gamble that didn't pay off. Cox was injured. The only one I thought was wrong was Kightly, he should have come off an awful lot earlier. There was no lack of desire out there, the opposition were better in too many areas. The biggest plus for me was Dru at times looking like the Dru of last season.

How about the form he got us into, from the back half of last season?

You know, where we W9, D5 and L4.Last season was goodbye Brown bounce, Now we are back to reality and injuries apart it simply isn’t working.

Those victories included significant victories over Wigan & Pompey (where are they now)

Albeit, back then, we he had a full strength squad available, and was able to pick a balanced, consistent XI.

Put simply. he hasn’t gone to bed one night, and woken up a **** manager the next day, and forgotten what to do.

Granted he looks jaded, and this is probably taking a toll on him. It would do, all of us.

The face you pull when you realise you’ve made a massive mistake.
4F50318C-B7B8-4838-B45B-D7077826D3B4.jpeg

Back