• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Powell vows to fight on as Blues boss

4 points from the last 27....Sorry Chris the players aren't playing for you and are not giving 100%

Do the decent thing Chris and resign, if you love this club then show it and resign .

Well he's hardly going to just say I'm not going to try is he?

Bye CP Legend as a player...unlucky but uninspirational manager....

There only one Adam Barrett...one Adam Barrett...

Anyone remember when Steve Thompson game in the 90’s and saved us from certain relegation!

Anyone remember when Steve Thompson game in the 90’s and saved us from certain relegation!

So bye-bye one legend and the answer is - bring in an untested legend? Eesh....

We need a League 1 manager, not another 'punt on a fan favourite'.

Tell me what Barrett brings to the table from a management perspective?

So bye-bye one legend and the answer is - bring in an untested legend? Eesh....

We need a League 1 manager, not another 'punt on a fan favourite'.

Tell me what Barrett brings to the table from a management perspective?

Heart, desire and motivation.

Still don't think it would be a good move though

If CP goes, I agree a relegation dog-fight is not the time to bring in an untried permanent manager, but we could try Maher for the "Solskjaer effect" (can't see Barratt giving up a good job at Millwall unless it was for a permanent job).

In terms of experienced out of work managers who might be interested, we've got:

Keith Hill
Frankie Bunn (Harry's Dad, wonder if he's been at games lately?)
Neil Aspin
Steve Evans (Please God, no! I won't be renewing my season ticket if he gets the job)
Darrell Clarke (would be happy with him)
Paul Hurst (ditto)
Paul Clement
Dean Austin (switch one old full back for another!)

There's bound to be others too.

If we lose again on Saturday, Ron's bound to be polishing his bullet points for a statement...

This is so sad. CP was always my favourite Shrimper as a kid. If we lose on Saturday though I do think a change has to be made as relegation is a very real possibility now. I'd be underwhelmed with the vast majority of names already mentioned. If CP goes I'd be looking at someone like Gary Rowett for the job.

If it's Steve Evans then I'm done....

Yes remember that season well - amazing comeback from the team.

If CP goes, I agree a relegation dog-fight is not the time to bring in an untried permanent manager, but we could try Maher for the "Solskjaer effect" (can't see Barratt giving up a good job at Millwall unless it was for a permanent job).

In terms of experienced out of work managers who might be interested, we've got:

Keith Hill
Frankie Bunn (Harry's Dad, wonder if he's been at games lately?)
Neil Aspin
Steve Evans (Please God, no! I won't be renewing my season ticket if he gets the job)
Darrell Clarke (would be happy with him)
Paul Hurst (ditto)
Paul Clement
Dean Austin (switch one old full back for another!)

There's bound to be others too.

If we lose again on Saturday, Ron's bound to be polishing his bullet points for a statement...

I really hate this stance of if we appoint him I won’t renew. I won’t visit if he stays etc! It’s embarrassing and you should support the club no matter what. There are players and managers I have disliked or been unhappy with how the club has been run. None of that would ever keep me away from the club I love and support.

I really hate this stance of if we appoint him I won’t renew. I won’t visit if he stays etc! It’s embarrassing and you should support the club no matter what. There are players and managers I have disliked or been unhappy with how the club has been run. None of that would ever keep me away from the club I love and support.

I don’t mind it tbh and it works both ways of course.
If Powell takes us down there will be more walking away than renewing.
More importantly, Martin knows it as well.

I don’t mind it tbh and it works both ways of course.
If Powell takes us down there will be more walking away than renewing.
More importantly, Martin knows it as well.

My first season ticket was during the dark days of the late nineties and I have never EVER turned my back on the club. Regardless of league, manager or players. Geographic reasons and work commitments keep me away but whenever I get the chance I go.

I understand some not wanting to renew due to a relegation as the price is astronomical for league two football! But to not renew because of a manager appointment? Even if he did come in a steadied the ship! I know he’s an absolute **** but maybe it takes an absolute **** to get a decent performance out of this lot.

Back