• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
A report that has this as its opening sentence The human rights of terrorists, illegal immigrants and gypsies should all be given better protection in the UK is always going to get reactions from those of us with more right wing tendencies. What about the human rights of the rest of us? Are we not entitled to protection from the threat of terrorists; the threat both of uninsured illegals driving and for many, their total disregard for the laws of this land and the associated problems arising from gypsy encampments - especially when on illegal ground? When are people in positions of power going to realise that for many of us, the minute any of these people commit a crime then they automatically lose the "right" to human rights?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/call-terrorist-gypsy-rights-085012462.html

You forgot the word "suspected" from terrorists, which could be anyone of us to be fair.

Gypsy's however....well......:finger:

A report that has this as its opening sentence The human rights of terrorists, illegal immigrants and gypsies should all be given better protection in the UK is always going to get reactions from those of us with more right wing tendencies. What about the human rights of the rest of us? Are we not entitled to protection from the threat of terrorists; the threat both of uninsured illegals driving and for many, their total disregard for the laws of this land and the associated problems arising from gypsy encampments - especially when on illegal ground? When are people in positions of power going to realise that for many of us, the minute any of these people commit a crime then they automatically lose the "right" to human rights?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/call-terrorist-gypsy-rights-085012462.html

Where do you think your human rights need better protecting?

That's a bit of a tough one to respond to. Do you mean in relation to these "groups" of people or just generally? I know that our prisons have a pretty large proportion of often illegal immigrants inside who have perpetrated crimes on or against women. As a female, walking past a group of male non nationals can be a terribly intimidating experience, even for someone of my age! I know that the appearance of a gypsy encampment close to your home will often coincide with a number of petty crimes and anti-social behaviour. I also know that the rise in British born converts to fanaticism, and terrorism in the name of Allah, is the biggest of these threats. What I feel and have always felt is that failure to pay your way in this country is the biggest problem we face, the rise of incapacity and inability to work, the exploitation of foreign workers which effectively deprives UK citizens of what should be well regulated but low paid jobs, the ability to "play" the welfare system etc.

I've said many times before that I have no problem with people choosing to live in this country if they integrate, the problems always arise because of groups of people who fail to do so for whatever reason. People who break the law arising out of their failure to integrate shouldn't expect to have the human rights that the law abiding public have.

Is that ok, or too general?

Within 2 weeks of the tube and bus bombings in London, We took our little girl on a coach and show trip to London that had already been booked and that she really wanted to see. We arrived safely, no problems, she was so excited. We then had the option to go shopping for 2 hours. My wife wanted to go to Oxford Street. We bought our tickets for the tube and was waiting on the platform when I looked at my smiling, bubbly little girl and said ''We can't go on this tube train, we can't risk it, her life's just begun.'' I explained to my wife that I had seen several muslim looking people with large bags, rucksacks or suitcases. She had already said beforehand that she was worried about the tube. She looked around us at the other passengers and totally agreed. Nothing happened that day, but just the threat of it had us paranoid.
That's how we feel that our human rights had been violated. Our rights to travel safely on public transport, without being blown up, maimed for life or killed, or without the threat of that happening.

Just for the record, if anyone knows who I am on facebook, they will see that I have many muslim friends. It's the fanatical dangerous lot that I hate.

It's about time that this government thought more about the human rights of good, honest people innocently going about their business day to day.

That's a bit of a tough one to respond to. Do you mean in relation to these "groups" of people or just generally? I know that our prisons have a pretty large proportion of often illegal immigrants inside who have perpetrated crimes on or against women. As a female, walking past a group of male non nationals can be a terribly intimidating experience, even for someone of my age! I know that the appearance of a gypsy encampment close to your home will often coincide with a number of petty crimes and anti-social behaviour. I also know that the rise in British born converts to fanaticism, and terrorism in the name of Allah, is the biggest of these threats. What I feel and have always felt is that failure to pay your way in this country is the biggest problem we face, the rise of incapacity and inability to work, the exploitation of foreign workers which effectively deprives UK citizens of what should be well regulated but low paid jobs, the ability to "play" the welfare system etc.

I've said many times before that I have no problem with people choosing to live in this country if they integrate, the problems always arise because of groups of people who fail to do so for whatever reason. People who break the law arising out of their failure to integrate shouldn't expect to have the human rights that the law abiding public have.

I meant which of your human rights are being infringed?

I don't think any of mine are, hence why I'm not surprised that a report into where human rights could be improved wouldn't mention me.

I meant which of your human rights are being infringed?

I don't think any of mine are, hence why I'm not surprised that a report into where human rights could be improved wouldn't mention me.
I'd have thought the right to live your life peacefully and as a law abiding citizen are being infringed by the same rights being applied to those who consider themselves outside of the law.

Within 2 weeks of the tube and bus bombings in London, We took our little girl on a coach and show trip to London that had already been booked and that she really wanted to see. We arrived safely, no problems, she was so excited. We then had the option to go shopping for 2 hours. My wife wanted to go to Oxford Street. We bought our tickets for the tube and was waiting on the platform when I looked at my smiling, bubbly little girl and said ''We can't go on this tube train, we can't risk it, her life's just begun.'' I explained to my wife that I had seen several muslim looking people with large bags, rucksacks or suitcases. She had already said beforehand that she was worried about the tube. She looked around us at the other passengers and totally agreed. Nothing happened that day, but just the threat of it had us paranoid.
That's how we feel that our human rights had been violated. Our rights to travel safely on public transport, without being blown up, maimed for life or killed, or without the threat of that happening.

Just for the record, if anyone knows who I am on facebook, they will see that I have many muslim friends. It's the fanatical dangerous lot that I hate.

It's about time that this government thought more about the human rights of good, honest people innocently going about their business day to day.

You being scared or something that didn't actually happen isn't a human rights issue.

There was a train crash in Poland over the weekend. Would you not now let your daughter on a train? Is this a human rights issue?

I'd have thought the right to live your life peacefully and as a law abiding citizen are being infringed by the same rights being applied to those who consider themselves outside of the law.

Who's stopping you living your life peacefully?

Who's stopping you living your life peacefully?

At the moment the bloody roadworks on the A130/A13 24 hours a day 6 nights and 7 days a week!

Seriously, let's look at one example from that report:
The report also found that the rights of gypsies and travellers "were sometimes overlooked", with a shortage of suitable caravan sites as local authorities have failed to invest in site development. The report said: "The lack of sufficient sites means it is difficult for gypsies and travellers to practice their traditional way of life.
Now, obviously in this area, we've had a lot of experience of travellers' sites - both legal and illegal and the knock on effect it has. I'd be really interested to know how many gypsies and travellers contribute towards local and national Government spending by way of council tax levies. Why should the rest of us pay for them to have "suitable caravan sites" when they don't contribute anything towards us? As I've said before, if people abide by the law then they can expect protection from the law. In the majority of the three types of cases outlined, I very much doubt that many of them do.

As usual, I won't comment too much because I can see both sides of an argument, but I would have thought a woman may feel intimidated by any gathering of men, whatever nationally, but in the experience of the majority of my female friends, it is the lone nutter in the shadows who have their senses on alert.

Last edited:
As usual, I won't comment too much because I can see both sides of an argument, but I would have thought a woman may feel intimidated by any gathering of men, whatever nationally, but in the experience of the majority of my female friends, it is the lone nutter in the shadows who has their senses alert.
Lone nutters are always an issue, but I can assure you it's a lot more intimidating when you walk past a group of blokes and you don't understand what you're hearing. A bunch of English speaking blokes is less intimidating from that perspective.

You being scared or something that didn't actually happen isn't a human rights issue.

There was a train crash in Poland over the weekend. Would you not now let your daughter on a train? Is this a human rights issue?
well said Yorkshire. There was once a terorist attack on the tube network and busses. The northern line has been running for 100 odd years, there were frequent bomb scares in the 80's that were an inconvenience and nothing more. Once in 100+ years. Fear of the tube really should be the fear of fainting due to chronic overcrowding because that happens for a few hours everyday. Don't want to belittle the atrocity of 7th July but its not a reason to avoid the tube or busses - there have been numerous cases of car bombs in the history of the UK so if you are looking for averages, don't get in your car.

I've not read this report because yahoo news is like the Daily Mail of the web. I'm not accusing it of being Tory but of being sensationalist in its misery and leading to rants where illegal imigration rolls into incapacity benefit for no apparent reason. There is a whole load of unconnected 'bads' thrown in together and to pick them off one by one you can shorten the list - take incapacity benefit - the rise was due to government policy of encouraging people to claim that to mask the unemployment figures. Take integration - we will never integrate while we have faith schools, our children are seperated from other faiths and therefore other nationalities.
Everyone deserves human rights because when they are overwritten you end up losing the concept of innocent till proven guilty and we'll all get sucked into that. We offer criminals basic human rights because as a society we are proud to be better than societies that don't offer basic human rights. The Daily Mail-ness of yahoo news would reduce us to the level of the braying(?) mob.

Lone nutters are always an issue, but I can assure you it's a lot more intimidating when you walk past a group of blokes and you don't understand what you're hearing. A bunch of English speaking blokes is less intimidating from that perspective.

Isn't that a form of arrogance/paranoia to think they're talking about you?

OK, fair point, I have found from experience to ALWAYS trust a womans' intuition regarding men and a womans' personal space

Isn't that a form of arrogance/paranoia to think they're talking about you?
Paranoia certainly, arrogance no. When they're watching you walk past and you have no idea what they're saying, it is definitely intimidating.

Back