• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Practical ways the club can make some money

Striker
So the club is going to really struggle without a normal income stream, in particular if matches are played behind closed doors. I appreciate that many of us face uncertainty in our personal finances, but will want to continue to try and support the club financially. So I was wondering what the club could practically do to raise money.

The Hummel news for the kit is great because I think we should end up with a popular design that will raise some needed cash. I hope the design is accompanied by training wear/leisurewear that's also popular

The club shop has never really had a great range whenever I browsed. It'd be good to ensure promotions and the range try to maximise revenue - there aren't any Father's Day promotions going on at the moment which seems a missed opportunity.

Also how about more collaborations with local artists and creators for bespoke SUFC products. I really like the hand-painted SUFC baubles, they make a great gift... I'd be more than happy to splash the cash on some interesting prints or artwork.

I'm not local any more but could there be more done to help with after-school /holiday clubs (while respecting social distancing?) these services are going to be really important and perhaps the community staff could do more, which would raise money and be a benefit to the community? I imagine some is already being done.

So what ideas can we come up with? Perhaps these could be raised at the liaison meeting or direct to the club if some good ideas emerge?

So the club is going to really struggle without a normal income stream, in particular if matches are played behind closed doors. I appreciate that many of us face uncertainty in our personal finances, but will want to continue to try and support the club financially. So I was wondering what the club could practically do to raise money.

The Hummel news for the kit is great because I think we should end up with a popular design that will raise some needed cash. I hope the design is accompanied by training wear/leisurewear that's also popular

The club shop has never really had a great range whenever I browsed. It'd be good to ensure promotions and the range try to maximise revenue - there aren't any Father's Day promotions going on at the moment which seems a missed opportunity.

Also how about more collaborations with local artists and creators for bespoke SUFC products. I really like the hand-painted SUFC baubles, they make a great gift... I'd be more than happy to splash the cash on some interesting prints or artwork.

I'm not local any more but could there be more done to help with after-school /holiday clubs (while respecting social distancing?) these services are going to be really important and perhaps the community staff could do more, which would raise money and be a benefit to the community? I imagine some is already being done.

So what ideas can we come up with? Perhaps these could be raised at the liaison meeting or direct to the club if some good ideas emerge?

What about Sam Barratt (if he's being retained)?

The club shop aren’t going to produce anything new as the current supplier are now leaving. The Hummel deal includes taking over of the club shop. Why would the outgoing company do anything for Fathers Day when they are on their way out.

Plus aren’t the majority of staff now furloughed so they don’t have the ability to provide anything new or services to make money.

Or the club could go further along the local products route and have the range of Leigh Brewery and Other local microbreweries in stock with special ales blended by manager or players to their tastes. Other local products in a freezer section for sausages or pies from sponsoring butchers or bakers.
Hi Tec gear?
What else is local? Tiptree jam products?
More car accessories?

The club shop aren’t going to produce anything new as the current supplier are now leaving. The Hummel deal includes taking over of the club shop. Why would the outgoing company do anything for Fathers Day when they are on their way out.

Plus aren’t the majority of staff now furloughed so they don’t have the ability to provide anything new or services to make money.
Why does it need to be via the club shop? No one can visit anyway so do it direct via the club?

I appreciate staff are currently furloughed but was thinking slightly longer term once we know more about what might happen, and carry that forward. No harm in thinking ahead

Why does it need to be via the club shop? No one can visit anyway so do it direct via the club?
Shop can open on Monday can't it?

Also how about some other local products for gifts or visiting fans or away fans, some SUFC sticks of rock, sweets, honeycomb, "kiss me quick" style SUFC hats.

Make better use of links to ex players, especially Stan or others held up as Legends.

Falmer jeans with SUFC tab.

Shop can open on Monday can't it?

Also how about some other local products for gifts or visiting fans or away fans, some SUFC sticks of rock, sweets, honeycomb, "kiss me quick" style SUFC hats.

Make better use of links to ex players, especially Stan or others held up as Legends.

Falmer jeans with SUFC tab.

I wonder how much money they made off the signed Stan pictures? If they did more stuff like that I’d be skint!

IMO, the state of the merchandise in the club shop has always been pretty ****, and that’s one area where we’ve missed opportunities for making some cash.

The baubles were a nice idea, but at £25 a throw, it’s not value for money. £20 for a beach towel that gets rougher than sandpaper after a handful of washes. And who wants to pay £30 for a matching set of gloves, hat & a scarf which are thinner than Geoffrey King’s hairline?

There’s no value for money there. All they’ve done is bulk buy poor quality items and slap a badge onto them.

I’d like to see some quality, bespoke items come back into the club, which represented value for money.

£46 for a double duvet cover, isn’t that.

if it helped with cashflow I'd buy the kits now on super pre-order. I feel like we have a legitimate reason this year but we've always been so far behind other clubs in getting the kits out in the past.

I still regret not buying the SUFC branded car footwell mats.

See, on the shop website they’re doing a Southend doormat (see below) which doesn’t look too sad tbh. Would be ideal for putting next to the back door, or in a games room.

And £18 isn’t the end of the world for it. As long as it’s durable, i see that a bespoke & value for money.

DBCCB4A7-8324-407C-A64B-6B8CBF6E9CA9.jpeg

Back