• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Practical ways the club can make some money

See, on the shop website they’re doing a Southend doormat (see below) which doesn’t look too sad tbh. Would be ideal for putting next to the back door, or in a games room.

And £18 isn’t the end of the world for it. As long as it’s durable, i see that a bespoke & value for money.

View attachment 12272

That is a gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: GBJ
open up the behind closed doors games to special "club" members who can have a whole 3 rows of 6 seats to themselves ..

XXXXXX
XXmeXX
XXXXXX

special price for a box (one person/household)

volunteer ball boys @GBP 40 quid a time ...

close the bars but sell special match day packs - to take to your seat -

have a security guy on the toilets - making sure you queue up nicely.

Household blocks of 4 seats for sale -

Mascots is socially distancing suits x 100 at GBP 50 quid each .

A special section for tested COVID 19 positive people -

Focus on one thing and make it good. Instead of burgers etc- let a local chippy run the food. Local fresh seafood.
Customised merchandise
Jointly run apprenticeship schemes for players leaving the game
Branded credit cards
Branded blockchain tokens

See, on the shop website they’re doing a Southend doormat (see below) which doesn’t look too sad tbh. Would be ideal for putting next to the back door, or in a games room.

And £18 isn’t the end of the world for it. As long as it’s durable, i see that a bespoke & value for money.

View attachment 12272

If i don't get that for Fathers Day i'm buying it myself. In fact, too late, just ordered one

I along with any other team this season can then walk all over Southend United

Blue belles services:

* kissogram
* Private dance
* Calendar
* Win a night out with competition

Throw in some CATS club entertainment and you’d be onto a winner ?

The clubs would make more money if they did an live TV of our away games, like they did in March 2006, at Col Ewes, as our away match at Col Ewe & Orient always sold out. They could do it for some away games, it’s will make the clubs £20k easily.

The clubs would make more money if they did an live TV of our away games, like they did in March 2006, at Col Ewes, as our away match at Col Ewe & Orient always sold out. They could do it for some away games, it’s will make the clubs £20k easily.
what are you basing the £20k on Murkey? and what did it look like? I have a professional interest in this so appreciated!

Shrimpers quiz. Post match in the bar. Supporters teams, maximum of four people per team, £100 to enter competition. Then the revenue from drinks etc. Knockout style over all the home games. The squad or staff could enter a team too.

Goody bundles raffled. A shirt, scarf, hat and mug. 50p a ticket . Well organised it can make far more than the value of the items and a lucky supporter gets the lot for ten bob!

A similar raffle could be for a signed players shirt.

Matches at Boots and Laces between the youths. A team sheet for a quid to enter. Raises money and gives fans the opportunity to see more of the youths that often fly under the radar. It would be good to be aware of them before they reach the first team.

To raise funds it's good to raise PR. The more people involved, the more reached, the higher the revenue.

I've said it before (and I think a commercial manager once said he'd consider it) as soon as the official pre-season team photo is over, take out a youth player and usher in a line of eager Blues fan one at a time. Even if you charge them £30-£50 for the privilige I guarantee they will all be grinning like Cheshire cats.

Following on from the open air cinema idea. In Digbeth they have a dinning club. All artisan food trucks so up, I think we I was last in Birmingham it was £1 to get in. I got to try a load of cool vegan food without any hassle because I had options. The club could take a fee or a percentage for the pitch providing they can guarantee a good turn out. The car park itself isn't the best, not very flat but get a screen and some food and have some 'summer nights' events when the weather is good!

Back