• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prague

Shrimper

Life President
I was looking on 606 and an amusing topic came up with Southend United russian dolls in Prague. I noticed that OBL and Upminster Shrimper replied to it but what i'd like to know is where abouts in Prague do you get them as i'm going on holiday this friday to Prague and would like to buy one. Thanks. :)

I was looking on 606 and an amusing topic came up with Southend United russian dolls in Prague. I noticed that OBL and Upminster Shrimper replied to it but what i'd like to know is where abouts in Prague do you get them as i'm going on holiday this friday to Prague and would like to buy one. Thanks. :)

There are loads of little kiosks all over the city that sell drinks / cigs / sweets and an assortment of novalties, i'm pretty certain you'll be able to find what you are looking for

I adore Prague, i went about 5 years ago and really really want to go back someday .. Great scenery, great history, great whores ;)

I went about 3 1/2 years ago for my 21st, it's a brilliant city, either for a romantic break or for carnage with the lads. still very cheap apparently, and lots to do.

The football stall thing rings a bell, I remember seeing both Southend stuff but didn't buy it... i cant remember what it was, maybe it was a Russian Doll or some kind of decorated figure. I think you need to hit the sidestreets in the Old Town around Wenceslas Square

I went about 3 1/2 years ago for my 21st, it's a brilliant city, either for a romantic break or for carnage with the lads. still very cheap apparently, and lots to do.

Alas not any more. Not bad by London standards, but the prices have gone up a fair bit in recent years. We went in February and had a great time; although I didn't see any SUFC russian dolls, there were loads of souvenir shops, with the Old Town Square probably being the best bet.

Alas not any more. Not bad by London standards, but the prices have gone up a fair bit in recent years. We went in February and had a great time; although I didn't see any SUFC russian dolls, there were loads of souvenir shops, with the Old Town Square probably being the best bet.

that's a shame. certain bars in the centre of town weren't too cheap when we went, but it was a case of wandering around and finding a decent bar and most places we were spending about £1 a pint, and vodka and mixer was the same. the clubs were excellent, along with the strip clubs!

along with the strip clubs!

Went with my wife so didn't really get the chance to sample those!

You could still get a local beer around the £2 mark, the key was straying away from the real tourist traps (as it as anywhere really)

I went with my uni course and it happened to be my 21st, great city! 9 Years ago now, in the traditional pubs it was 30p a pint, and absinthe is pure evil (but fun). Clubs and tourist type bars tended to cost more. Beautiful place and great for a night out.

Didn't see any of those sufc russian dolls though.

I went with my uni course and it happened to be my 21st, great city! 9 Years ago now, in the traditional pubs it was 30p a pint, and absinthe is pure evil (but fun). Clubs and tourist type bars tended to cost more. Beautiful place and great for a night out.

Didn't see any of those sufc russian dolls though.

Yeah absinthe was cheap when i went too... pure evil!

I went to Prague for 4 days back in March, sure is a beautiful city.

I came across these russian dolls in small gift shops, and they were painted in football shirts from teams from all over the world. Also had rugby, baseball and amercian football.

Couldn't find a Southend Utd one, they had plenty of lower league teams there, Port Vale, Brighton and even Hereford. Must have sold out of Southend ;).

I passed about 4 shops between Charles Bridge and Old Town Square, which had these on display outside, there may have been more shops that had them inside.

Top tip for Prague, is climb (or take the lift) to the top of the Astronomical Clock tower. (when looking at the clock, the entrance is in a building to the left) only a few koruna, well worth it, amazing views from the top.

Top tip for Prague, is climb (or take the lift) to the top of the Astronomical Clock tower. (when looking at the clock, the entrance is in a building to the left) only a few koruna, well worth it, amazing views from the top.

Good call.

If you get the opportunity to see the workings of the clock from the inside, so much the better. Everyone else is outside frantically snapping away and craning their necks to get a view of the little characters (the 12 apostles), whilst you are inside, just a few feet from them!

I saw those dolls when I went in November. From memory I think they had Clarke, Harding, Barrett and Barnard and a couple more whose names escape me.

It was quite near the Astronomical clock I think.

Yeah best bet is to get out of the centre if you want cheap beer. We stuck a pin in the metro map and found a bar out of town, paid about 82p for a pint of Staropramen. You're likely to pay about three euros in the centre.

DSC00190.JPG

DSC00192.JPG

I got these bad boys last year - the shop is on a street between the old town square and museum metro station. I'd be buggered if I can remember exactly where, but you can't miss the dolls as you can see them from outside.

Judging by my dolls, Barrett and McCormack are on borrowed time...

another tip for prague is to take the tram out of the city that goes around past the Castle and up behind where the observation tower is (looks like a mini Eiffel Tower). You get stunning views of the whole city and you can see the huge (150k?) seater Prague stadium. Getting the tram saves you climbing up the ******* hill to get there!

Back