• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre.......diction time folks!

Fat Bastid

Coach
I fear that we will lose tonight 1-2 against a team who can cement their place in Division 2 if they win.

A crowd of 5387 will watch an exciting game with Dudfield coming on from the bench to score in the 81st minute.

2-1 Southend, with another exciting night at the Hall. Southend take the Lead through Leon Constantine, Hull equalise on the half time whistle.

Second half there will be nothing to choose between the sides until Dudfield is brought on as a sub and slots home on the 89th minute sending the Roots Hall faithful delerius....

1-1

Gower (62)

Hull to net a latish equaliser.  
sad.gif

Att: 5798

0-0, Broughton to score a hattrick in front of a 1501 crowd (1500 Hull and me).

You're all wrong.....

3-1 to the Shrimpers

5,838 in attendance. Connie scores 2 and Gower gets the other.

I think it'll be a draw, but the Racing Post tip us up to win at 10/3 (ie place a tenner and pick up £43.33). Headline:

SOUTHEND STICK OUT AT 100-30

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 20 2004,10:37)]I think it'll be a draw, but the Racing Post tip us up to win at 10/3 (ie place a tenner and pick up £43.33). Headline:

SOUTHEND STICK OUT AT 100-30

I have just spoken to my mate who manages a branch of Coral and he has quoted 11-5.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 20 2004,10:38)]I have just spoken to my mate who manages a branch of Coral and he has quoted 11-5.
The price quoted is with Super Soccer, who do the coupons for all the independent bookmakers (eg Pridmore or Wignalls')

Seeing as my lot (Ladbrokes) go 7/4, 10/3 is a big price.

I used to work for Coral - which shop does your mate manage?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 20 2004,11:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 20 2004,10:38)]I have just spoken to my mate who manages a branch of Coral and he has quoted 11-5.
The price quoted is with Super Soccer, who do the coupons for all the independent bookmakers (eg Pridmore or Wignalls')

Seeing as my lot (Ladbrokes) go 7/4, 10/3 is a big price.

I used to work for Coral - which shop does your mate manage?
Somewhere in South London and most of the punters seem to have guns!

I'll ask him later.

So if I go to an independent bookie I should get 100-30? I might wait until the match tonight then and have a flutter in the ground.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 20 2004,11:30)]So if I go to an independent bookie I should get 100-30? I might wait until the match tonight then and have a flutter in the ground.......
I think Pridmore's in the ground has shorter odds on Southend to win than their other shops as all the money they take at Roots Hall will be on Southend to win and they then get a very one sided book.

If you like the look of the 10/3, might be best to try and lump on elsewhere.

I used to work for Coral in Southend - no guns, just loads of drunk old geezers!

Good luck!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 20 2004,11:46)]I think Pridmore's in the ground has shorter odds on Southend to win than their other shops as all the money they take at Roots Hall will be on Southend to win and they then get a very one sided book.
Yeah, I realised that after my post!

2-1 Southend. Entertaining first half sees Maher strike from edge of the box put Blues 1-0 up. Hull push forward and get caught after Gower plays Broughton in. His shot is blocked and Conny follows it in. Spud brings himself off the bench to head home a late consolation but Southend hold on.

6,387 happy fans. (Well, 1300, less happy!)

Taken from the racing post.

WHILE most punters eyes will be on tonights Champions League semi-final, dont let that game distract you from the value on offer in a couple of Nationwide matches.
Super Soccer are taking a massive chance with their 100-30 quote for Southend to beat Hull at Roots Hall.
How they can make inconsistent Hull just 8-11 to win the game almost beggars belief. Peter Taylors team still dont look anywhere near value at a best-priced 6-5.
The Shrimpers have improved greatly since Steve Tilson took over as coach.
And that improvement was no more evident than on Saturday, when they came within seven minutes of becoming thefirst team to beat Northampton at Sixfields in 12 league games.
Southend looked value for the points until John Taylor equalised for the Cobblers in the 83rd minute.
They have won five of their last six in Division Three on their own patch, and arewell capable of becoming the sixth team in the section to beat Hull on their travels.

Back