• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OK, in the absence of a match due to the multi-talented superstars of Oldham going off globe-trotting there is one event for Shrimpers today in Southend - Moyet at The Cliffs. Hopefully a rendition of 'Blue' will make it to the set list.

Any other Shrimpers going?

Pre-match pub is The Cliffs Pav bar. Will need a beer or two after now having to face a Xmas shopping session in Southend due to the game being off.

UTB

My mate Flash Boredom (a.k.a. Rod Porter) - a Basildon boy - took Alf to her first game at Roots Hall. Flash and I won't be at The Cliffs tonight though as we're on the radio down here in PZ > https://www.coastfm.co.uk/shows/noxious

Our featured album will be 'The Idiot' as it's Dostoyevsky's birthday. A good excuse also to play 'Ging Gang Gooly' by Idiot, a Southend punk band from '77/'78. Coincidentally, that track can be found on 'Southend Rock,' where Alf sings with The Vicars on 'I'm Going Mad.' I'll probably give that a spin too so Flash can tell us that story once again.

I hope you enjoy the gig.

Last saw her in North Wales and although a great voice, her song list was techno stuff and none of her hits or popular songs.
Always been a fan of her but her latest stuff was disappointing for me. She did have a spectacular back drop of colour imaging which was incredible though.

She played up the Grand in Leigh along with Depech Mode back in 1980s .

In the words of Michael Jackson, I'll be there, couple of the pints in the Pav bar first.

UTB

I'll be there.

Her set list at Brighton Dome on Wednesday and Oxford on 4th November, if repeated tonight, should have a bit for all of us who have followed her over the years...

I am hoping she might squeeze a bit of 'Blue' in there just for us...

Set list was:-

1. I Germinate
  2. When I Was Your Girl
  3. Wishing You Were Here
  4. Nobody's Diary
    (Yazoo song)
  5. Ski
  6. Beautiful Gun
  7. Only You
    (Yazoo song)
  8. The English U
  9. Changeling
  10. All Cried Out
  11. The Man in the Wings
  12. Other
  13. The Rarest Birds
  14. Alive
  15. Situation
    (Yazoo song)
  16. Love Resurrection
  17. Encore:
  18. Whispering Your Name
    (Jules Shear cover)
  19. Don't Go
    (Yazoo song)

Last edited:
She played up the Grand in Leigh along with Depech Mode back in 1980s .

Saw her play a couple of gigs at Scamps Nightclub in Elmer Approach mid-week....low turn-out. She was in the band The Screaming Abdabs. On one occasion she was singing there with Paul Young. What a combination!!

Saw her play a couple of gigs at Scamps Nightclub in Elmer Approach mid-week....low turn-out. She was in the band The Screaming Abdabs. On one occasion she was singing there with Paul Young. What a combination!!

The next time she hooked up with Paul Young was probably when they did a duet at Live Aid.... in front of 2 billion!

The Screaming Abdabs were good. I saw them in the Shrimpers, I think supporting Eddie and the Hot Rods, although my memory could be playing tricks with me regarding the main band.

I remember the Hot Rods did play there one Sunday in early '79. They played 'Do Anything You Wanna Do' twice, once in the main set and once in the encore. Lee Brilleaux and Sparko were propping up the bar. Someone put a ciggy burn in my charity shop winter coat too but my Mum managed to plaster it up quite tidily.

I remember the Hot Rods did play there one Sunday in early '79. They played 'Do Anything You Wanna Do' twice, once in the main set and once in the encore. Lee Brilleaux and Sparko were propping up the bar. Someone put a ciggy burn in my charity shop winter coat too but my Mum managed to plaster it up quite tidily.

That's the gig it was a great night. The Abdabs always used to look if they were the support band even if they hadn't played seem to remember they used to wear Ford logo t-shirts but the word Ford was replaced with a word that sounded like muck. No surprise that Alf went on to better things her voice was pretty special even in those days.

Saw alison at the palladium last night nearly 40 years after Yazoo at racquets. That voice is still incy

Back