• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Music - Freddie Le Grande

Maldon Blues

Yeeeeeeellows
That edited version of 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit' they played on Saturday 'Put Your Hands Up For Southend..........United FC'

Oh my God - how embrassing and cringeworthy was that! The Orient fans must have been in hysterics at that!

Possibly the worst bit of pre-match 'music' I've ever heard, and we've had some tripe down the years!

Didn't they play it at half time to?

If it was that one ....Good Grief...................I was hiding under my seat.or in the loo...

Actually liked it, but then I like Hey Baby as a celebration jingle (which was back on Saturday), so I guess it takes all types to support Southend.

Don't be too harsh, I understand somone worked quite hard sorting that out.

I think we should have got Tilly to record it.

Put you hands up for Southend like.

That edited version of 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit' they played on Saturday 'Put Your Hands Up For Southend..........United FC'

Oh my God - how embrassing and cringeworthy was that! The Orient fans must have been in hysterics at that!

Possibly the worst bit of pre-match 'music' I've ever heard, and we've had some tripe down the years!

Surely not? What about the absolutely dire ditty that Yeovil run out to?!?

Actually liked it, but then I like Hey Baby as a celebration jingle (which was back on Saturday), so I guess it takes all types to support Southend.

Don't be too harsh, I understand somone worked quite hard sorting that out.

It's not so much the actual song - that's ok for that sort of track - it's the embrassing Voice over!

Ah, I meant at Roots Hall - we've had some iffy stuff down the years!

For me we haven't been the same side since we started using "Ring of Fire".

I hate it & reminds me of a night on the loo after too many beers & a dodgy Madras.....

Scrap it NOW.

:finger:

Agreed - plus I hate the damm song....

my brother and i liked it. but we agree on the ring of fire song. hey jude is a much better song!

Alison Moyets " Blue" should be our song .....maybe remixed.....Dave is on the case ..:)

Blue Lyrics

Another northern sky
another motorway parade
another day like this
whatever will be will be
and we will be in Shrewsbury (do I have to go)

Do I have to go
Could I ever stay away
And you never know
Tonight our luck could change
And we'll be flying all the way (going all the way)
A late point and I'll be laughing
And Saturday won't seem so bleak
With you, Blue

Ever a stepping stone
Someone's Mickey Mouse affair
We're so unfashionable
But I'm not with you for your stylish hair
Or the seaside air (if we ever get there)
Tell me we've acquired a striker (Stanley)
And a lucrative sponsorship came through (on a free)
Will you, Blue
Can we not buy someone famous
And pull a crowd we can't contain at all
All true, Blue

Maybe we'll never tread the grass that grows around your feet
And you let us in for weighting tables like we live to feed
And not to eat (but we get a seat)
Three points and the living's easy
And every day's a Saturday
With you, true blue
Saturday

:)

I'd go for the Manics "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next."
COLOR]

They played that at half-time in the 1998 FA Cup defeat to Doncaster. Very appropiate!

In fact that was as appropiate as 'That's Entertainment' was unappropiate at half time in last season's FA Cup game with Barnsley!

How on earth can we sing that?!

I can just imagine the crowd signing 'Put Your Hands Up...For Southend.........................United FC'

It will certainly intimidate the opposition! :p

Back