• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match: Southend v Fulham

I'm not sure as yet if I'm going, but if I do at least I get the student discount rate :)

Last I'd heard towards the end of last week, there had been only 650 or so tickets sold which is very disappointing obviously. I think the price has really put people off, combined with the fact that Fulham are hardly the most glamorous of opposition. Last year at least Wet Sham were sort of local "rivals" and, being a Saturday as well, we had lots of plastic Spammers to fill up the home end.

Got 3 tickets yesterday, in the West, had a pick of seats. Some rows were completely empty.

Should have been £5 for adults and £1 for kids. The club would have made more money in ticket sales and refreshments and there would have been a decent atmosphere. Poor judgement.......

Even at £5 a seat the crowd wouldn't have been large. Its a tie that won't attract casual supporters of either ourselves or Fulham. Evidence I suppose that just being in the Premiershite isn't enough to make you a big club.

I'll be going but wouldn't really have been bothered if I couldn't have made this one.

Yep, I would of gone if it was £5. I guess the club never learnt its lesson from the Oxford shambles last season.

Also its still early in pre-season, maybe if it was the 2nd August, and both SUFC and Fulham were playing 90% their first XI then £15 might have been OK.

Its going to be a game full of trialists, on both sides, and about 350 substitutions.

£15 no thanks.

On another note, trialists? What a waste of time, when was the last time we signed one, and even then, when did they turn out to be any good?

Wouldnt have gone if it had been a fiver.

£15 is too much, a tenner would have been more reasonable but even lower prices wont generate huge interest in a friendly with Fulham.

I only live 2 minute walk from the ground and wouldnt bother going even if it was free. I'll wait for the real stuff with some meaning thank you.

Also agree on the Trialists issue Ex-Trust Treasurer Bloke mentioned none of them are going to be good enough so why waste everyones time.

It says on the web that its £5 for juniors, senior and youg people, nothing about students

Yes I just saw that on the OS as well although I could swear that's different from the original information the club sent out and definitely the discount was for students only last year. Either way, I'm not complaining and may just make the trip, if I can persuade my brother(s) to come with me...

If it was the last friendly before the season starts, i may have gone. But this summer there are hardly any new signings to go and look at, so it will be pretty much the same team as last year. Much as i love the club im not wasting my time or money on this one.

Back