• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PRE-MATCH THREAD - EURO 2021 Czech Republic v England- Tuesday 22nd June 2021 8pm

What do you think the England result will be on Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chillwell and Mount both ruled out (Quarantine). Which begs the question, why isn't the rest of the team in quarantine.

Chillwell and Mount both ruled out (Quarantine). Which begs the question, why isn't the rest of the team in quarantine.
They don't have Covid (they've taken a test since the match), it's because they hugged Gilmour after the Scotland match finished and for some reason that classes them at being more at risk of being infected then the rest of the squad.

They don't have Covid (they've taken a test since the match), it's because they hugged Gilmour after the Scotland match finished and for some reason that classes them at being more at risk of being infected then the rest of the squad.

Yep...... I don't get.....

Absolutely ludicrous, but kind of reflective of how risk-averse England are... Most of the footballers who get this 'deadly' virus never even get symptoms anyway.

Will be interesting to see who replaces Mount. Foden could move into the middle with Rashford/Sancho starting out wide, or perhaps Henderson will get some game time. Whoever plays, I hope we go for the win. Yes we'll get an easier last 16 opponent if we finish second but we'll be in the harder half of the draw and if we finish top we'll stay at Wembley. We'll have to play the top teams eventually and a win will be good for confidence and momentum.

Last edited:
Think we need to freshen up after the dreary draw with the Jocks. I'd go with:

Pickford

Trippier
Maguire
Stones
Shaw

Henderson
Bellingham

Foden
Grealish
Saka

Kane

No. They spent 22 minutes talking to him close up after the game. Breaking the rules.

It's such a crazy situation where 3rd place in the group would be better for us in the next round.

We'll end up playing France or Germany if we finish first or second.

That begs the question, why was France, Germany and Portugal are in the same group.I'm gussing it's something to do with that silly micky mouse cup we all have to play in to rank teams.

I expect we will win tonight....because i dont want us to.
Its all rather confusing(not hard for me),because i dont want to play Germany.Im sure they will stuff us and i cannot suffer that anymore.
A GREAT young England team,with a great ?? young England manager.Playing a German team-set up, in turmoil!!.With the German manager already sacked.
Only see one winner there then and it ain't us.
So i dont want to win the group coz maybe its Germany who look like they will be second.
But i expect the Germans to beat Hungary,so they have six points.would not now surprise me if France v Portugal is a draw then France is second!!God im getting a headache..
so main thing for me is not to play the Germans,but even if its France or Portugal i expect they will knock England out.

The team has the potential to excite, but will they? And will Sterling get into forward gear and is Jack Grealish's hair the worst I have ever seen? Still I'll forgive them bad tasts as long as we win.

The team has the potential to excite, but will they? And will Sterling get into forward gear and is Jack Grealish's hair the worst I have ever seen? Still I'll forgive them bad tasts as long as we win.

This is bizarre because I don't think winning would help us in the next round.

I'm tired of the ITV Pundits already. Fascinating that they speak so much faster than any turn of speed they showed as players. I didn't realise that it's a race to see who can speak the loudest and quickest the longest.

I'm gussing it's something to do with that silly micky mouse cup we all have to play in to rank teams.
Nope, seeding was based entirely on how many points you picked up qualifying (with the exception of those who only qualified via the Nation's League who automatically went into Pot 4). Portugal dropped 7 points in qualifying so ended up in pot 3.

Bit better tonight, although with nothing on the line it does feel like a friendly.

Back