• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PRE-MATCH THREAD - EURO 2021 Czech Republic v England- Tuesday 22nd June 2021 8pm

What do you think the England result will be on Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saka and Grealish would probably not have played had we not been through already and the covid situation. Showing Southgate how we should play football.

Is it just me or have England reverted to type from 10 years ago? Slow, ponderous, outdated tactics, rely on set pieces & long balls etc etc. Play like this against the likes of France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, or Belgium and we’ll be torn apart. It’s awful..

Get Kane off, done nothing.

As a side note, I hate this new format where games are played all over Europe, it doesn't feel the same as playing in one Country (or two). I don't feel as excited like previous tournements.

I watched the Croatia game and thoroughly enjoyed it, none of the stress involved watching England. Congratulations to Gareth and the team though, you can’t argue with top of the group and no goals conceded.

All this playing about with it at the back is going to get us caught out soon.

Would have taken how we finished the group before the tournament. But after Scotland and tonight’s performance can’t help but feel we’re going to get outplayed in the next round against one of the other big boys.

Let's be kind, England did what they needed to do and topped their group. There is certainly some argument about not peaking too soon in this kind of competition. Yet, rather like the game against Croatia, I thought they flattered to deceive, at times looked disjointed and left me wondering whether Southgate knows his best side? There are undoubtedly a number of highly talented young players.......but is there a team yet? Education in the Cup will come rapidly as, if I understand correctly, we will meet either Germany, Portugal or France in the knock-out stage. In that case England will need to up their game to survive.

I think we've done alright. the management team have a plan, which is to be solid at the back and find a goal from somewhere. That might well work out well for us. It makes pretty tough watching, but 3 games and no goals conceded is good. I think Henderson coming back will help. Phillips pushed on more this game, that contributed to our excellent first half. Second half we were more about managing the game and seeing it out. That's not exciting but it's alright. Kane looks awful, like he's carrying a fridge on his back. At least he managed a couple of shots this time. Saka was excellent.

I just cannot see us going any further atm unless Southgate alters his ultra defensive ideas and goes for a bit more flair and attacking play. It is just so boring and predictable and easy to play against.

As above I think we need to be brave and take risks. We’ve got some amazingly talented players we just need to get them on the ball and not boo them every time they lose it. Having Henderson and Maguire back is a boost and we have Rice, Phillips etc to do the “dirty work”. We just need to come up with a way of putting it all together!

Hope im wrong,but what worries me is that if our "oppos" start to dominate -take the lead of the game.Southgate seems not to know how to change the game back.
Now after the W/C and now Euro21 groups that we were expected to get out off.Both were comfortable groups.....we are now going to play the best teams (unless we play Hungary) and we will se how good England and Southgate team, tactics are.
CUMON England....its starting now,its starting now...will football be coming home.Doubt it

Hope im wrong,but what worries me is that if our "oppos" start to dominate -take the lead of the game.Southgate seems not to know how to change the game back.
Now after the W/C and now Euro21 groups that we were expected to get out off.Both were comfortable groups.....we are now going to play the best teams (unless we play Hungary) and we will se how good England and Southgate team, tactics are.
CUMON England....its starting now,its starting now...will football be coming home.Doubt it
We did manage to get to the semis in the World Cup, must have been dead lucky though to do that.

Can't abide Harry Maguire, for a big lad he goes down far too easy and screams like a girl about it. Hate that cheating diving stuff, Grealish is world class at it.

I'd rather get through the group stages playing conservatively and play some better stuff when we need a result so reasonably happy to have got a 1-0.

Baffles me why he didn't try Calvert-Lewin at some point last night. Kane is simply not cutting it for whatever reason, and Rashford never seems to in an England shirt so would have been worth the try.

Better but not impressive.England will clearly be beaten by the first decent team they play next Tuesday.Probably France,
Not quite sure how you arrive at France to finish second in Group F Barna. And nothing is clear when it comes to football.

Back