• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PRE-MATCH THREAD - EURO 2021 England v Germany - Tuesday 29th June 2021 5pm.

What do you think the England result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im sorry but how is it strange to be happy that we’ve won but also think the game was boring?

Jesus I hate international football I really do! If you’re not ******* off the national team and everything they do you’re blasted for it.
Woah, it was a generic post. If it was aimed at you, I'd have quoted you.

Seeing as you mention it though, Southend v Wycombe at Wembley was probably the worst football game we've all seen yet it's still my favourite footballing day of all time. Did you walk out of Wembley that day thinking how boring that was and how 'bang average' we were?

Woah, it was a generic post. If it was aimed at you, I'd have quoted you.

Seeing as you mention it though, Southend v Wycombe at Wembley was probably the worst football game we've all seen yet it's still my favourite footballing day of all time. Did you walk out of Wembley that day thinking how boring that was and how 'bang average' we were?

A last minute equaliser and winning on a penalty shootout isn’t my definition of a boring match I must admit.

A last minute equaliser and winning on a penalty shootout isn’t my definition of a boring match I must admit.
And scoring 2 goals in the last 15 minutes, either side of a missed sitter by the opposition, is boring?

What's the difference? Both games had few chances until late, memorable, fantastic scenes happened in our favour. How can one be joyful and the other boring?

I suspect there isn't any difference, and those who didn't enjoy last night will have to accept they only ruined it for themselves. Pity.

And scoring 2 goals in the last 15 minutes, either side of a missed sitter by the opposition, is boring?

What's the difference? Both games had few chances until late, memorable, fantastic scenes happened in our favour. How can one be joyful and the other boring?

I suspect there isn't any difference, and those who didn't enjoy last night will have to accept they only ruined it for themselves. Pity.

Im sure there's a German word for it.

We can still play boring football, win and score 2 goals that’s the thing.

Solid defence, good width and good work rate. Luke Shaw my MOM

My MoM was Southgate.

He's having a terrific tournament. He's been right on all the big calls - picking Sterling at the start, Trippier on the left v Croatia, bringing in Saka ahead of other names, making England hard to beat, supporting the players and encouraging them to express themselves, switching to a more defensive formation for Germany, keeping Kane on last night.

Who would have picked England a year ago with our defensive options as the best defence of the tournament?

We out-Germany-ed Germany. We switched to wing-backs to match them, controlled the game and were clinical.

He's grown with the job: his man management is superb, his strategy of giving the younger players their opportunity has paid off and now he's improved tactically as well. He can be immensely proud of the job he's done.

My post reflection
My MoM was Southgate.

He's having a terrific tournament. He's been right on all the big calls - picking Sterling at the start, Trippier on the left v Croatia, bringing in Saka ahead of other names, making England hard to beat, supporting the players and encouraging them to express themselves, switching to a more defensive formation for Germany, keeping Kane on last night.

Who would have picked England a year ago with our defensive options as the best defence of the tournament?

We out-Germany-ed Germany. We switched to wing-backs to match them, controlled the game and were clinical.

He's grown with the job: his man management is superb, his strategy of giving the younger players their opportunity has paid off and now he's improved tactically as well. He can be immensely proud of the job he's done.

You can't really argue with that, I think he's got it right also.

At times it's not pretty to watch but we're getting results and haven't conceded a goal, not many teams can boast that reaching a QF.

I remember Italy being pretty defencive in the 80's and 90's and solid and they won a lot.

We're hard to break down, I'll take 1 (or 2) nils all day long.

No wonder the Aussies call you WHINEING POMMES, you complain when you lose you complain when you win,defeating Germany to me was like winning the lotto , im so happy we finally defeated them when it matters ,been 55 years in the doing .

No wonder the Aussies call you WHINEING POMMES, you complain when you lose you complain when you win,defeating Germany to me was like winning the lotto , im so happy we finally defeated them when it matters ,been 55 years in the doing .

You're not English then?

I'm confused, you've gone from you to we.

Starting to feel somewhat better now,dont even remember when i went to bed!!
Nobodys talking football here and if you think England fans are harsh,then come here.
Give me the next three games,real boring 1-0 wins for England....and i will be chuffed..CUMON ENGLAND

You're not English then?

I'm confused, you've gone from you to we.
I was born and raised in Southend ,played for the youth team back in 61/62 ,left Southend in 66 to go to Australia,yes i love SUFC and both England and Ausralia in football.As the saying goes "You can take the boy out of Southend , But you cant take Southend out of the boy "

Back