• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PRE-MATCH THREAD - EURO 2021 England vs Scotland - Friday 18th June 2021 8pm

What do you think the England result will be on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People often chant 'Southgate you're the one'.

Not the one for me unfortunately. Risk-averse against a s**t Scotland team

The group of players are good. I just have no idea what happens to them once they are on the pitch. Southgate's approach just seems to play negative.

It's England time and time and time and time again we are let down. Someone mentioned thr 'golden generation' yeah they also won jack ****.

Great tactics by Southgate, take off our best attacking threat...

Well done Scotland, as by all of their reactions, have won the Final.

50ML - 100ML Players my arse.

I can honestly say, I haven't seen such a bad performance from an England team for many a year.

They're going to get slatted in the press tomorrow and rightly so.

50ML - 100ML Players my arse.
The thing is though they genuinely are worth 50M, Kane is consistently scoring for Spurs whilst Foden and Sterling are regular starters for Man City and are involved a lot in scoring or creating the goals, these are players that know how to attack. That's why it's so inexplicable that we look so toothless in attack. Southgate's taken a team of world class attacking talents and somehow decided negative football is the way forwards.

The thing is though they genuinely are worth 50M, Kane is consistently scoring for Spurs whilst Foden and Sterling are regular starters for Man City and are involved a lot in scoring or creating the goals, these are players that know how to attack. That's why it's so inexplicable that we look so toothless in attack. Southgate's taken a team of world class attacking talents and somehow decided negative football is the way forwards.

On tonights performance, it's hard to argue with that, you're right.

Mark Molesley did the same with Southend:Smile2:

typical England at a tournament. Against Croatia we kept the ball, but passed it with purpose. Tonight it was just all backwards and sideways. Phillips was a shadow of the player on Sunday. Thought we needed Henderson to replace him to drive through the middle, play some positive passes. It was disjointed but I don't blame Southgate. We play like this, sack the manager for being useless, get another in, play like this, sack the manager for being useless, get another in, play like this, sack the manager for being useless, get another in, play like this, sack the manager for being useless, get another in. At some the cycle has to end, it is clearly not just the manager being useless.

Scotland were always going to be more up for this. Not bothered we drew and we’ll probably go through
That’s true, and if you look at the context of advancing in the tournament, it’s fine. But as fans, we want England to put the Jocks to the sword, and for the players to want that as much as we do. That’s why it’s so disappointing.

I should really stop drinking so much whilst watching England but nothing else to do.

Absolutely fuming, though this draw would make Luggy happy which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Oh how I hate all this negative so called football.

Back pass after back pass, knocking it around the back five for ages and ages is so negative, NO forward runs, No forward passes, NO penetration, and such slow slow build up when it did happen.

Boring is an understatement.

The big question though from tonight is how bright are souness's teeth?
Very bright. I've got to say that the pundits and commentators on ITV tonight were up there with the Orient commentator from last season's away game for being totally annoying in their glib throwaway lines throughout the whole game.

Back