• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PRE-MATCH THREAD - EURO 2021 England vs Scotland - Friday 18th June 2021 8pm

What do you think the England result will be on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We won't go far with Southgate and his negative tactics! Bellingham and sancho should be starting let alone being stuck on the bench..... we don't need to play 2 defensive minded midfielder against Scotland. Will be out when we play anyone half decent.

I said Scotland were the worst team I've seen in the tournement, we're the second worst. Total dog ****e.
rubbish worst teams have been turkey and the 2 teams that lost 3-0 to Italy , and Croatia are awful to watch I know they have class players. It could be all three home nations going through to last 16 . I still think England will get better but need to pick the right players and formation , that Chelsea right back was awful he just wanted to walk around, and as for Harry Kane I think his mind was elsewhere

When you struggle to beat a pretty poor Croatia team and a quite poor Scotland team then I fear for when we come up against any of the so called big boys.

Southgate seems to be undoing all of the good work he started early into his tenure

When Southgate was the U-21 manager,we were also then one of the favourites.We had Kane etc...not only did he get everything wrong,we ended up bottom of our group and ended up going home early as usual.
Tonight was another poor performance and the changes GS made sadly did not work again.
God help us if we win this group??? and play a German team in turmoil !!
Second place i hope

We looked better in the world cup when we got more players in the box like Alli and Lingard. Tonight was too pedestrian the two centre mids sat back all night. Balls in the box were awful.

I've yet to watch England in a tournament when they haven't produced an under par game (and I've been at it since the 1966 world cup) and we all throw our hands in the air and start wailing and moaning. Normally they redeem themselves the further they go in a tournament so I will still reserve too much criticism until it's totally justified (If we've been knocked out). Childishly, I hope the Croats nick it against the Scots just to wipe those smug smiles off their faces, Christ you'd think they had won the Tournament rather that getting 1 point without scoring a goal.

We really should’ve taken Ollie Watkins. If Kane doesn’t pick up his performances we need someone else to step in and Watkins would be a good replacement.

Just to confirm though, I’m not saying Watkins is as good as Kane but he would’ve been a good option to have.

I can't lie, when Pickford passed to James who then passed it to Mings, who then passed it to Stones , who passed it to Rice, who then passed it back to Stones who passed it to Mings, who passed it to James who passed it to Pickford to allow the Scots to get everybody back behind the ball every ****ing time was absolute quality. ?

Last edited:
I can't lie, when Pickford passed to James who then passed it to Mings, who then passed it to Stones , who passed it to Rice, who then passed it back to Stones who passed it to Mings, who passed it to James who passed it to Pickford to allow the Scots to get everybody back behind the ball every ****ing time was absolute quality. ?
Like watching MM's Southend all over again

The Scotland fans are so happy to get have a 0-0. They should have followed Southend last season. They would have been orgasmic

Think Scotland will beat Croatia.Croatia(IMO) are so overrated.
I expect/hope a draw with the Czech.R,they go through as top team,we as second.
God help Southgate and his great young team if we win the group and play this German team in a crisis!!
GOD help me living here in Germany if it does happen.Still hurts about Euro 96 even that South Africa "effort" from England....please not another one

I've yet to watch England in a tournament when they haven't produced an under par game (and I've been at it since the 1966 world cup) and we all throw our hands in the air and start wailing and moaning. Normally they redeem themselves the further they go in a tournament so I will still reserve too much criticism until it's totally justified (If we've been knocked out). Childishly, I hope the Croats nick it against the Scots just to wipe those smug smiles off their faces, Christ you'd think they had won the Tournament rather that getting 1 point without scoring a goal.
Like you i have watched England every tournament (1954 world cup first one shown on tv) and have noticed a gradual build up of fear from about 1970 when Ramsey got his tactics wrong against Germany and we lost from a winning position. The media went from having us as one of the favourites to hoping we could progress from group stages. The press critisism and terrace abuse which increased as society became more vocal has lead imo to managers, coaches and players becoming negative hence the depressing displays which have becme the norm.

Back