• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PRE-MATCH THREAD - EURO 2021 Ukraine vs England - Saturday 3rd July 2021 20:00.

What do you think the England result will be against Ukraine?

• Win

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
A thouroughly enjoyable watch, dominated from start to finish and made a very competent team look woeful.

The strength in depth is the best at the tournament IMO, Grealish and Foden didn't even get a look in today.

I think Foden must have run over GS's cat and then reversed over it to make sure. Strange continuing ommison.

A thouroughly enjoyable watch, dominated from start to finish and made a very competent team look woeful.

The strength in depth is the best at the tournament IMO, Grealish and Foden didn't even get a look in today.

I think Foden must have run over GS's cat and then reversed over it to make sure. Strange continuing ommison.
Who would you drop to play him?

I don't actually think he should start but to me today was an easy sub on for Sterling at 3/4-0 to change things up.

That's a straight swap or even give Harry a rest a give him a free role up top

Amazing result. What a difference Southgate has made, we couldn't pass water at tournaments for years. Today we kept the ball easily and I've never seen an England team keep it so well

I think they maybe ment its the first time since 1966 we scored 4 goals in the knock-out stage.The Dutch game was group game.
But could be wrong.Cannot get either BBC or ITV sadly,so watch it all on German tv,with earphones on listening to Talksport...which is 7 seconds in front of what is on the tv.
When we played Germany,i jumped up shouting "yes,yes"
My wife looked at me like im mad...then 7 seconds later !!

Oh dear, we're not popular in Scotland,who would have guessed?

1625391813679.png

As the match between England and Ukraine kicked off last night, it was clear who the majority of the Fan Zone in Glasgow were supporting – anyone but England. While tickets for the Glasgow Green venue were sold out, the Scottish weather appeared to have dampened people's plans, with many tables empty

Are Ukraine really bad or ard we really good?
I think that's a really good question that no one has replied to. I had congratulated England for being clinical with the chances offered to them and thought Sterling was a real handful yet I was left wondering how Ukraine got so far in the tournament with that defense? I thought even we (Southend United) could have defended better than that! The fourth headed goal by Kane, the defenders were totally statuesque...........maybe they had given up by then? Denmark and Italy in the Final (?) will, I"m sure, provide rather sterner opposition.

I think that's a really good question that no one has replied to. I had congratulated England for being clinical with the chances offered to them and thought Sterling was a real handful yet I was left wondering how Ukraine got so far in the tournament with that defense? I thought even we (Southend United) could have defended better than that! The fourth headed goal by Kane, the defenders were totally statuesque...........maybe they had given up by then? Denmark and Italy in the Final (?) will, I"m sure, provide rather sterner opposition.
It is hard to judge. The early goal changed their play pattern, they settled down and kept tight.
The half time team talk for them went "out of the window" with Maguire's goal.
Stuart Pearce is being quoted as saying this is a better squad than the 96 one and I agree.

Back