• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre match thread : Southend united v A friend of dorothy's hove albion

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
So another relegation 6 pointer is upon us , well atleast if you still beleive relegation can be avoided.

Brighton are in relatively good form and timed that form wonderfully given they were in the bottom 4 for large parts of the season.

We on the other hand are a like a boxer who started reasonably well and is now being clobbered in the final rounds with the towell waiting in the wings.

I am expecting to see a southend win of 2-1 in a very tight game were we finally have some luck. Brighton will bring a 1000 and we will see the last 8k + crowd at roots hall for some time, the next being in league two when Dagenham come to town and we are chasing automatic promotion in league 2.

I really cant see how a team that has won say 1 game in like 18 will manage 3 out of the final four. That said a win saturday and 3 points away at oldham and it will make one hell of game at home to stockport.

It's got draw written all over it for me. Unfortunately that will mean Relegation is a mere formality.

This game represents my final shred of belief in League One football for us next season.....drop ANY points and it's game over for me.....

Brighton have had a bit of a dip recently so 3 points are there for the taking but cant see it myself. At least they havent got Forster who always seemed to score against us. They do have a very good away record, 30 points from 21 games.
I will say 1-1.

According to the brighton and hove message board they have sold close to 2,000 tickets for this one. Hopefully be 9,000+ in attendance.

i think we might nick a win but only if we carry on where we left off on tuesday. if we start like we did in the first half we will get spanked.

In the Echo today Ron says that Brighton have sold 1,700 tickets, now that was obviously up until last night, so yes i think we could see 8,500+ for the last time for a long time.

if we play as we can play then we can get a result here, a clean sheet is also a good possibility, i have had a bet today for the first time on Southend this season, i am going for a 2-0 win. UTB

The club I hate most in the country bar Orient and Colchester.

I am sure based on the fact I will get some serious **** taking from my Brighton supporting mates that we will loose. No confidence in a win at the moment.

If there is any club I want beat before we go down is Brighton....

2-1 win, Vernon penalty and and a og by one of the Brighton players

If I call on the football Gods for one thing, having dealt us the worst season in living memory with relegation a formality regardless of tomorrow's result, I call on them to grant us a dying wish and beat the bandits to at least put a smile on my face for a day or two.

If we only win one more game this season, please for the love of god let it be this one.

Should be a 9,000+ crowd with any luck, so that will boost the coffers a little.

If Kuipers is in goal for them we might - just might - win.

If not, probably 0-3.

It'll probably be Brezovan, who is just as kamikaze.

We need to just go for it. Laurent wide, Paterson in for Christophe. No half arsed reserved nonsense please Mr Tilson.

Back