• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Working in Toulouse. The wife has instructions how to put BP on .......will have to listen through the mobile. That should warm the brain (what's left of it) up a bit ........hopefully the morale as well

The bench is - Bentley, Ferdinand, Sawyer, Dickinson, Crawford. Those missing out are Leonard, Ade, Gilbert, Blair (who trained and is back, but is weeks behind the rest).

That's what I understand, subject to injuries/illness etc

I would gamble and not put a sub keeper on the bench. use either gilbert or coughlan as defensive cover or perhaps merrick james lewis as cover to play on the wing. if the 7 sub rule stayed it would have opened up so much more tactical options for us to use from the bench., especially as we like to play different formations.

we never win big on opening day
i still expect us to be too strong for hereford and will plump for the 1-0
a single goal from ryan hall on the day in the second half

I would gamble and not put a sub keeper on the bench. use either gilbert or coughlan as defensive cover or perhaps merrick james lewis as cover to play on the wing. if the 7 sub rule stayed it would have opened up so much more tactical options for us to use from the bench., especially as we like to play different formations.
I think the reason we don't have a defender on the bench is because we can push mohsni back if there are any injuries, Kane and Hall also can play in defence (people didn't like it when he played lb one game, but I thought Hall did a fantastic job back there)

Why would you gamble on going without a sub keeper when you can name 5 subs but only use 3?? Surely more sensible solution would be to swap one of the strikers on the bench for a defender if you were inclined that way?

I think the reason we don't have a defender on the bench is because we can push mohsni back if there are any injuries, Kane and Hall also can play in defence (people didn't like it when he played lb one game, but I thought Hall did a fantastic job back there)

Indeed and against todays opposition

Back